I read all the reports when I bought my GE gas oven. The reason I bought mine, my gradmother had her's for 60 years and it still works today, my mother had hers for 30 years and still works today, I bought a GE gas oven, but when I noticed all the electronics I bought the extended warrenty.

Just as I thought, 2 1/2 years later the oven went out. I called the extended warrenty company, sent a person out in 3 days, needed a new temp control. The benifit of the extended warrenty... 3 repairs in a year and they replace it.

I can't believe how many people have had problems, and never thought of buying a warenty. I have never had a problem when I called GE. I have to wonder how some of you have been on the phone. GE is a good company, and yes things will break down, and now with everything being electronic..circuitboards do fail.

I had a 1400 dishwasher from a respected german company, when it broke and I did not buy an extended warrenty, they wanted 800.00 to fix it. I will continue to buy GE products, solid company, with a good products, justbuy the extended warrenty

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Comments