I have a 6 yr old side by side GE refridge, the water quite working, went to GE web site to find out what to do.First thing was to replace water filter which I did, still not working, then held dispensing lever in for 2 minutes, still not working.

So called GE repair service, set up appointment. Repair man show up on time I told him what was wrong. He said nothing and walked over to sink turned on hot water and filled plastic bottle with hot water and squirted in water dispenser hose, and presto water started running. The water was frozen inside the compartment.

Why wasn't that mentioned on the web site???$97.00 WHAT A RIP OFF

Review about: Ge Appliances Repair.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Dekalb, Illinois, United States #804883

We had the same problem and they said it was because the top shelf need to be lowered and tall items spaced to give it circulation...I did not have this problem with my older non GE appliance.Now we have a problems with exterior sweating.

plenty of clearance.

Again we never had a problem with our old appliances.These are only 2 1/2 months old.

Anjalika
Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #792781

We had the same issue in Maryland and our home was new so obviously we went to the builder who had discovered on the internet to hold a hair dryer to thaw the water.We did that but over time it didn't stay thawed for more than a day and eventually the plastic got warped.

I was lucky that Donna from GE helped us in Maryland. The technician who came to our home indicated that they had many issues with a bad design.

GE honored our complaint and replaced the door.If not, they would have lost many customers in our entire development of hundreds of homes by the same builder.

GE_Appliances
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States #791419

I'm sorry this has happened. If you'd like us to review your situation, please send your details to eResponse@ge.com. Thanks.