Phippsburg, Maine

I purchased a Spacemaker 24" washer/dryer for my mother's apartment in Dec.2011.

The first service call was a month after the 1 year warranty, Jan. 2012. The washer door latched and would not open. Now, in July 2014, the latch has failed again.

The repairman (contracted out to A&E Repair) ordered parts and has been to the house TWICE to put them in. It still does not work! Now he says the machine needs a motherboard. We have already spent $220 from the 2012 repair and $200 for labor for this repair.

This machine is only used for 2 loads a week!What a horrible appliance, mom has not been able to do laundry in her home for a month, and is facing at least 2 weeks more waiting.

Review about: Ge Appliances Warranty.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Ge Appliances - Internal icemaker leak in GE Monogram refrigerator Ge Appliances "The internal icemaker water line downstream of fill valve dry rotted and broke after 12 years on my GE Monogram refrigerator. It caused several thousand dollars damage to hardwood floor..." Read more Ge Appliances - Arrogant and incompetent customer service Ge Appliances "Today I had a repair service for a 2-year old GE Monogram microwave (a $700 product) that started to smell like something was burning. The technician opened the product and..." Read more Ge Appliances - Recalled GE Washer Fire Cost me over $500 Ge Appliances "Our Model WPGT9360E0WW GE HE Top Loading Profile Washer caught fire 18-May-2016. It appeared that the fire originated at the main control board, P/N WH12X10281. When this event occurred, we..." Read more Don't Buy GE Appliances Ge Appliances "We are a GE stockholder and still got screwed by GE. They shipped us a new refrigerator that was absolutely not damaged in transit. We discovered a dent in the..." Read more Spates The Florist And Garden Center - Spates the Florist - DO NOT order online. Spates The Florist And Garden Center "I am very displeased with Spates the Florist and Garden Center. I intend not to purchase from this business again. A note of disclosure before I detail the problem I..." Read more Ideal Image - TATTOO LASER REMOVAL Ideal Image "Had a consultation with a girl at the Willow grove location in PA to have a small tattoo removed with a Picosure laser. She assured me that 6 treatments is..." Read more Directv - Equipment does not work.  "Known issue" no fix for over 1 year. Directv "1 month ago today we had Dirctv installed. The boxes in our home lose internet connection everyday sometimes hourly. We have called Directv everyday for the last 30 days on..." Read more One World Van Lines - Had I known I would havve Run as fast as I could One World Van Lines "No interstate license at time of move. No proof of weight Cost increased over $1000 dollar Unlike the first report I would have been better off if they had cancelled...." Read more