I purchased a GE air conditioner, 12,000 BTU model AEH12AMG1, on 6-22-09. On 07-15-10 the unit broke.

I knew it was out of warranty so I called a repairman. The repairman told me the electronic board was burned and the part was not made. I called GE and they informed me that they would give me my money back after I purchased another air conditioner. Why should I have to purchase an air conditioner first?

I sent them my receipt and proof that I had the unit checked by a licensed repairman. I am a single parent and it is not in my budget to purchase another air conditioner at this time. Why do they make a product and not make parts to repair it? No where in the manual does it say that if a certain part breaks the unit is unrepairable.

If I would have known this I would have purchased an air conditioner that was more reliable. I thought GE makes reliable products.

I am very disappointed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 21, 2010.

Comments

GEH12AMG1 built for Sears no part diagram, PC board cost 30.00 but this model has none.

Same thing happened to me.

Stay as far away from GE appliances as you can.

GE appliances suck they always break down after the warranty is out i will never by ge again lesson learned :(