We bought a new GE refrigerator 4/2012. Had 5 service calls on it for not working properly.

Finally replaced it 7/11/2013. The new frig never got cold. All food had to be thrown away. GE technician came out said refrig was a mess.

Compressor not working and lines bent. Now GE wants to repair second refrigerator. We want a new frig that works, not a refrigerator that did not work from the minute it was plugged in. plus this is the second one that did not work.

Is this such a difficult decision for GE? People on phone read script.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Repair.

Comments

Spring, Texas, United States #810239

$2700 Cabinet Depth GE Profile is what we purchased in 2010 at Lowes. I feel your pain....we are dealing with the Consumer Escalation dept for a fridge they deemed unrepairable after several attempts to get it from stop freezing my suppose to be non-frozen food with money out of pocket for this fix.

The refrigerator is just 4 years old. What the heck!

And the problem started when we first bought it. They are a big corporate POC that take advantage of people who trust in their product and then when it fails - stick it to ya' :(

to Carey Spring, Texas, United States #810242

Oh yeah, and they want us to buy another that is comparable for a discounted price. I did not plan on having to buy another refrigerator after ONLY four years.

GE_Appliances
Davenport, Iowa, United States #690197

Hello, this is Donna with GE. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your GE refrigerator.

We would like to help. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information and details at eResponse@ge.com please?

Thank you.