3.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Bought a brand new built in microwave . Almost 400 bucks .

Ge wanted another 180 for the surround. Plastic by the way. Bought an open box kit from ebay for $60 but does not have the crews included. The seller disclosed that.

I was ok with going to the hardware store and buying two dollars worth of screws. When I save close to $100. The manual just says the type of screws but no part number or details. I called Ge got Laquisha on the phone.

She sounds hostile from the get go. Says she cant help me and transfer me to another person . That person transfers me back to her. She hangs up on me.

I call back and it is her again. She says " Maybe you should of bought that from GE you would not have this problem" the she became even more condescending. I asked to speak with the manger . I explained the situation and her response was....

I you loose any part or damage any part of the trim kit including loose one screw you have to buy the whole kit over. There is no parts numbers , replacements or reference number for this $180 trim kit. Have a nice day sir... Buyer be ware .

Customer service is not about good training its about temperament. When people call with an issue making them madder stays with them forever. They don't remember why they where mad but how the brand treated them(made them feel). Customer service is what keeps people coming back.

Marketing and sales do not. Learn from Lexus. Ok its $1.50 worth of screws really it is not a big deal, but when I spent over $400 for a microwave and trim something this small turns into something major. Everyone suffers.

The people who spent months designing , engineering and testing to make a good product loose. The people who spent months marketing ,selling and advertising loose. The brand looses years of reputation. All because my point of contact " customer service" did not want to be there today.

Maybe it's not her fault there was not the information she could give me. Just was not there. But hostility on answering the phone does not make it better. I hope she finds a job that makes her happy.

Life is too short. I too have to pay bills but if I treated my clients like this I would probably also be working in a call center.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Excellent products.

I didn't like: Very poor customer service.

• Jx7230Dlbb