Update by user Jul 19

Even with a consumer advocate, the communication is minimal. I still do not know if they confirmed or admitted that the product is defective so future buyers can be alerted, or the defect corrected.

I am supposed to be receiving a gift card to use for a dinner. That is all I know at this point (one month later!).

On a brighter note - my local Home Depot store where I purchased the appliance has credited my account for a very reasonable amount because of the problem with the range. They have been fantastic.

Update by user Jun 20

6/20/2018 update: I took photos of the defective floor model and tried to download on this review but I don't think it loaded from what I can see. So, if I understand GE - I was supposed to know that the product was defective from the start, that they are not responsible for the fact that it is the same defect on floor model and BOTH ranges shipped to me, but I am responsible for upgrading to another GE range that did not have the pulled away band of metal at the bottom of the door that can CUT A CHILD'S FINGERS or knick an adult's calf/ankle, AND I SHOULD HAVE MADE SURE ALL PARTIES INVOLVED TOOK NOTES ACCORDING TO GE's unwritten specifications (shipping company noted "damaged" on first and "defective" on second attempt to deliver) in order for them to feel the desire to compensate a customer for THEIR MANUFACTURER DEFECT!

Original review posted by user Jun 19

I ordered a GE Range, Microwave, and Maytag dishwasher from Home Depot. Range came in damaged (or what I thought was damage - more on this later) so I refused it and a second one was delivered with EXACT same damage area. So I refused it again. DAMAGE was on stainless band of metal below oven door glass. Metal was pulled away from the door so it could cut someone on the left side of the door - BOTH times.

I go to Home Depot to see what I should do. Look at floor model of the GE range and it had the SAME DEFECT on BOTH SIDES at the BOTTOM of the door. So, I order the next available range from GE to match the over-the-range microwave. Spent an extra $164.00 and it was 3 weeks between order and final delivery. Home Depot representative said GE would "probably compensate" me since it was a MANUFACTURER DEFECT.

WRONG! I call GE/Maytag and the phone representative "Chuck" (poor guy - it wasn't his fault!) explains that they will give NO COMPENSATION because - Wait for it! - because I decided to get a different range since the other had the MANUFACTURER DEFECT! You read that correctly! Because I decided NOT TO REORDER FOR A THIRD TIME a MANUFACTURER DEFECT appliance they WOULD NOT offer me any type of compensation!

I made the unfortunate mistake of ordering a Maytag dryer before knowing this was going to happen. So FOUR appliances ordered in ONE MONTH from GE/Maytag and they SLAP ME IN THE FACE with "TOO BAD, SO SAD!" No recognition for having purchased FOUR appliances from their brands.

I am going to work as hard as I can to make this POOR CUSTOMER CARE and PROTECTION situation public so other consumers do not get SLAPPED IN THE FACE! Also going to ask Home Depot to consider breaking off sales of GE/Maytag appliances if this is the way the Home Depot customer will be treated.

Review about: Ge Appliances Jgbs66Rekss Range.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Style of my applainces.

I didn't like: Defect on two attempts to receive ge gas range, Lack of consumer respect re a manufacturer defect item, Lack of resolution, Blamed consumer.

Comments