The freezer side of my refrigerator has been making a puddle on my hardwood floor. I scheduled an service appointment.

On the day of the appointment, I was to wait at home from 1:00 - 5:00 for the repairman. At 4:55, the repairman called and said he would be at least 2 hours late. The options he presented were to re-schedule or wait. I cancelled, then called the repair office.

My options were to re-schedule with the same repairman, re-schedule with a different repairman, or cancel. I confirmed the cancellation and asked for the corporate complaint address. Then, I called a local repair company. Next, I'll write a corporate complaint.

It's ridiculous to have to wait 1/2 day for someone that doesn't show up on time, then asks for more time! Can only imagine how the repair would have gone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Freezer.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05, 2013.

Comments

GE_Appliances
Newburg, Kentucky, United States #723958

I'm sorry this has happened. If you'd like us to review your situation, please send your details to eResponse@ge.com. Thanks.

to GE_Appliances Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States #724738

Thanks GE_Appliances, but I've moved on. Local service was on time, friendlier, and cheaper.

Unfortunately for you, refrigerators have problems before they need to be replaced, therefore, service quality greatly influences the brand chosen for replacement. GE went to the bottom of my replacement list.

Suggestion... Read: www.cluetrain.com Bye.