Robert H Xme

Great professional service

Needed a conversion kit from propane to natural gas David in the parts department was very pleasant and professional. Thanks again

User's recommendation: Great parts department staff (David)

Don P Gnw

| map-marker Millsboro, Delaware

Cafe refrigerator has been down 4 months with no resolution in site.

GE Appliances - Cafe refrigerator has been down 4 months with no resolution in site.
GE has ordered the compressor twice and both were missing the relay and valve stem. Both parts come in a sealed bag inside the box along with the compressor. So, their resolution is to order a 3rd compressor. The refrigerator isn't even 3 years old and it's been down for four months! I've worked with customers relations (Leila and Keva) absolutely no help. I'm giving GE until May 5th (my 5 month anniversary) to resolve the issue then I will trash a $3000.00 dollar refrigerator and buy from another manufacturer.
map-marker Providence, Rhode Island

Stove melted corner of draw beside oven during self clean operation

GE Appliances - Stove melted corner of draw beside oven during self clean operation - Image 2
GE Appliances - Stove melted corner of draw beside oven during self clean operation - Image 3

After calling GE they would basically do nothing as far as standing behind their product.I used the self cleaning method for the first time. The stove is 1.5 years old.

After the self cleaning was finished I noticed the following day that the drawer melted.

I was told to contact Sedgwick who handles all damages. After explaining what happened I was told to get a few estimates to have it repaired. The problem is that Thermafoil cabinets can really not be repaired. I was told that nothing could be done without any estimates.

I then called GE back and once again explained the situation. They did send out a tech and it was found that the locking mechanism was not working. In addition to that the gasket had areas that was not sealing properly. Back I went to GE looking for something to be done.

Spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere. Was told that I could not go above her to try and get some resolution.

Total disregard for what happened.

User's recommendation: Go with the ratings and stay away from GE

Dennis B Xql

Poor quality

GE Appliances - Poor quality
have a GE Profile cooktop Model PGP7036SL1SS. It is less than 3 yrs old and the cladding on the knobs is starting to flake off. This is intolerable in a 3 yr old appliance and I contacted GE to get replacements. The best they could do was to sell them to me at 50% off which is still more than I would have to pay elsewhere. How does this Chinese owned company (Haier) get away with this? I won"t buy another GE appliance again if this is an example of their quality. Sent
Cons:
  • Poor quality and customer service

Preferred solution: replacement knobs

User's recommendation: Stay away from GE appliances. They are not the sae as they used to be.

Michal G Zbk

Resolved: FAULTY FRIDGE

Updated by user Mar 30, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Feb 29, 2024
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GE they make faulty products and dont care about their customers and make them wait more then a month to POSSIBLY FIX an issue that was their fault from selling a faulty product!!
we bought a new fridge and it stopped cooling like 4m into getting it, so we called GE and it took a week for the technician to come, he comes and says he needs to replace parts so he ordered the parts which took 2 weeks to arrive, then we had to wait another week for a technician to come to fix it well the technician came today and told us that the parts that the first technician ordered arent what is needed and so he ordered another part which will take another week to get here and then once it gets here we will need to wait until they have availability to come and fix it then he says that even if he fixes with the new part it might still not work!
So I am trying to talk to someone at the company for them to just send us a new fridge since they sold us an obviously faulty fridge since it broke 4m in and they are refusing to send us a new fridge and keep saying that they need to attempt to fix this before they can order a new fridge and we just need to wait without a working fridge!!
Like its mind boggling! And there is no one to talk to! I ask to be transferred to a supervisor and they say they are the supervisor so I ask to speak to someone higher and they give me this bs excuse saying there is no one there (like seriously!!?) and then she put in a request for a supervisor to call me back which might be tomorrow or maybe the next day they dont know and all this time we are without a working fridge!!
WORSE COMPANY EVER THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND WONT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything breaks

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY

| map-marker Vernon, Alabama

Frig makeing bad buzzing noise

GE Appliances - Frig makeing bad buzzing noise
GE Appliances - Frig makeing bad buzzing noise - Image 2
GE Appliances - Frig makeing bad buzzing noise - Image 3
Cant talk to a real person, I think if I could talk to someone I could explain my problems better. My frig is making a noise when running. Sometimes it is worse than it is at others. But I know that its not supposed to do that
Carl V Qbb

Resolved: Broken Refrigerator

The repairman left yesterday and the refrigerator still isnt cooling. They said to call, but didnt leave any contact information.

Preferred solution: The repairman to return and fix the problem

User's recommendation: Make sure you get a direct contact number. Trying to reschedule has been difficult.

Beverly M Mvh

Verified Reviewer

Washer/dryer combo shakes when spining and takes several hours to dry

I purchased a laundry pedestal with storage drawer and had it attached to my GE washer/dry combo. Now I'm having problems with my washer's stability.

It shakes when it's in spin mode after wash. When it's in drying mode it shakes. The filter is cleaned, but it still takes up to 2 hours to dry. I was advised by the technician on 4/2/2024 that 8 pounds or less is best for this combo machine.

I followed his recommendation on 4/3/2024 on quick cycle and after one hour and a half the clothes were still damp. I also had other service calls on drying issues on 4/18 and two other dates prior to the ones listed above.

My case number is 1261****. I am truly disappointed in this appliance and would like for GE to either replace this combo with a side by side washer dryer or refund my full purchased price

Pros:
  • Machine looks good and love the app
Cons:
  • Does not dry well and the laundry pedestal causes problems

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy until the problems I have experienced have been corrected.

J-P M

| map-marker Rockland, Ontario

Missing Part

GE Appliances - Missing Part
GE Appliances - Missing Part - Image 2
Original review Jan 21, 2024

I bought a GE GWE19JYLFS Refrigerator in end of April 2022. We had the refrigerator stored temporarily due to a complete kitchen renovation that was eventually finished in December 2022.

We then had the fridge installed for use. Our model came with a water dispenser and a pre-installed filter that barely lasted 5 months because the water flow was severely degraded for some reason (bad filter?) so we bought another filter so we could use the water dispenser but at $70 per filter, this is expensive. This replacement filter also didn't last its 6 month lifespan as the water flow was again degraded. Now we're in January of 2024 and I'm doing some research on how to obtain cheaper water filters because GE has a RFID chip that blocks other generic filters from being used.

They simply won't work so to get around this, a bypass plug must be used to get the dispenser to work without a filter. Here's my issue...GE never provided that bypass plug with the purchase of the refrigerator (WHY?). I went online and their website provided instructions on how to obtain one free of charge from GE...here's my other issue... during this whole time, the one year warranty had expired and they won't provide me with the free bypass plug.

I called them up (MABE Canada product support for GE) and they categorically refused and they gave me phone numbers on where I can buy one.

Now I have a brand new fridge with a water dispenser that will only work with their proprietary and very expensive filters and I refuse to be forced to pay for those filters so now I'm obligated to purchase the bypass plug (that should have been included)...that plug cost me $117.08 CAD with taxes and shipping. How lovely!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Forcing customers to buy in on their expensive water filters

User's recommendation: Stay away from GE

Jeanette G Qaz

| map-marker Toronto, Ontario

Disgusted with the service you provide

My he washing machine is making very load squealing noises when opearating. I purchased it in May of 2023 so it is still under warranty.

I called for repair and have been getting the run around going into 4 weeks ago now!

I do not want to use it in case I make the problem worse. Since I called I have spend over $100 at the laundry mat and have to travel a half hour to get there!

I am a senior and have trouble lugging all the bags in and out of the car and laundry mat. I would have thought that a well known and respected company as GE would provide better service!

I am still waiting for a service man!

User's recommendation: Be prepared to wait a very long time for service on your broken product!

Martin R Cqw

Ice maker

GE Appliances - Ice maker
Broken for over 6 months 2 service companies 10 parts in my living room in a box Spoke to over 20 G E agents G E supervisor Consumer relations # 1139****

Preferred solution: Unit replaced

Worst customer service

Updated by user Nov 01, 2023

They have ignored complaint

Original review Oct 28, 2023
I have the CAFE coffee maker..model C7CDABS2RS1serial M500****. The handle on carafe is peeling. This unit is only hand washed. Unacceptable for this expensive pot.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Stylish
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: New carafe

User's recommendation: Buyer beware

Bailee K Fof

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: 5th time Cafe freezer breaking down and defrosting in less than 1 year!

Updated by user Dec 21, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After six months of contacting GE, they finally replaced my client's faulty freezer just in time for the holidays. It felt like a miracle.

Original review Dec 14, 2023
I do not usually write negative reviews because I prefer to approach life with a positive outlook. However, as an interior designer, I feel it's important to warn others that GE Appliances' Cafe line is aesthetically pleasing but highly unreliable.

Despite their one-year warranty covering service and parts, the frequency at which their appliances break down is unacceptable. One of my clients has been experiencing issues with their Cafe French Door Freezer for the past six months, despite it being less than a year old. The freezer has defrosted multiple times, which has caused the ice maker and water dispenser to stop working. Every time a GE technician would come to diagnose the problem, they would order parts and return two weeks later to fix it.

And then, within a month, the freezer would break down again. According to GE's policy, if an appliance has been fully serviced/repaired four times, it will be deemed non-repairable and replaced with a new unit. A full-service repair is when a technician conducts a diagnostic check and then repairs the appliance. However, in this case, GE has sent technicians to my client's home several times too many for those diagnostic checks and completed at least four required full-service calls, including replacing crucial parts like freezer freon.
To provide some context, the freezer unit is less than a year old and has broken down for the fifth time after its fourth completed service repair by a GE technician just two weeks ago.

When I scheduled the fourth repair for the end of November, the customer service representative extended our warranty for another nine months. She explained that given the rate of breakdowns, the freezer was likely to break again soon, so she wanted to ensure that we had no problems getting a full replacement when that happened. Unfortunately, now that the freezer has broken down for the fifth time in less than a year, GE has denied a replacement after dozens of calls and several hours on the phone with their service department and customer relations. This is unacceptable.

GE Appliances must be held accountable for their lack of product reliability and customer service.

If you are considering purchasing from GE, save yourself time and money. The Cafe appliance line may look good, but it's not worth it!
Pros:
  • Cafe appliances are pretty and designer inspired
Cons:
  • Warranty is good for nothing
  • No customer service no one to talk too
  • Ge will not replace the appliance even after 4 full repairs

Preferred solution: Full Replacement.

User's recommendation: Warning From a Designer: Save Your Time! Save Your Money!

Shelley C Yfy

Horrible customer service

Spent $2,300 on a double wall oven that didnt work out of the box. Spent an hour on hold with GE. Still no resolution! BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Preferred solution: I feel the unit should be replaced.

User's recommendation: Buyers beware. They don’t do anything to help.

map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

GE Appliance (Haier Appliance China) Micro Wave JVM3160RFSS

I woke up one morning to a PF code in place of the time. The machine was inoperable, I did a clear and still not working then a hard reset by takin the cord out and it operated however instead of 3 minutes to heat up water it took 6 minutes to heat.

Same error code the next morning and now it take 9 minutes to heat a mug of water.

I have a Lowes protection plan and Lowes told me to contact the manufacturer. I did and their was supposed to be a return call within 48 hours to schedule an appointment. Yesterday, GE calls and states that the PF code is not covered by the protection plan and the vendor has called twice and a third miss call will cancel the order. I have never received any call from the vendor nor was their any power outage in my area.

I or my family have purchased GE products for 7 decades and always had great customer service. However since Haier Appliance took over in 2016 their has been very little Customer service only hassles on protection plans.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase GE Appliances until the entire Executive is replaced Starting with Marvin Ellison!

Janet L Hmp

Extended warranty for refrigerators

The agent gave me an answer about my warranty and before I could finish typing my next question, she stated I must have stepped away and ended the chat.dont rely on a
Loss:
Cons:
  • Fridge
  • Quit working as soon as i got it replaced the dishwasher quit

Preferred solution: The 2nd yr full warranty I was told was applied to my avvount

User's recommendation: Dont rely on this live chat

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article