Ge Appliances - Overcharged and dishonest total price repair
Over the phone I was scheduling a repair and asked to find out what the TOTAL price of repairs would be.I was told the total of parts AND labor is only about 110 dollars.
I asked again to make sure that I would not be getting charged more than 100. Once I was satisfied of the price the representative gave me I scheduled a repair for Tuesday. Now before I tell you what happened with the overcharge, let me mention that the day before Tuesday, the repairman called me and said "Hey I'm going to come in around 7am alright?" or something similar to that. The schedule is made for 8am-5pm and obviously the 7 am time is way too early.
I said no please come at a later time and we hung up. 15 minutes later the GE company calls and says "The repairman had an emergency and we are scheduling for another time". Obviously bullcrap because he JUST called me trying to schedule for tommorow. Next Tuesday comes around and this mother****er still comes between 7-8AM without giving us a call this time.
I was woken up by my mother at 8 am(because theres really no point for me to be there) and find out that this piece of *** company charged approximately 100 dollars for the service call, 100 dollars for labor, and another 100 for parts. Totaling to almost 350-400 dollars. After a few complaints and bulls*** discounts it came down to 290. However, if you refuse to pay the total, there is a 100 dollar required fee for labor.
So basically this company entraps you into paying either 100 dollars for pulling your appliance in and out of the wall or 300 dollars for installing parts that would have probably costed only 100 or less. Do not second guess yourself when I tell you do not EVER use GE repair services.
In fact, stay away from GE altogether.Dishonest companies like this deserve no sympathy or any business.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I purchased this brand new General Electric Washing Machine Model # GTW180SSJ0WW Serial #LF172471G in the month of August 2015. Since delivery I had nothing but trouble with the wash..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "Purchased a Body solid Plyo box from third party advertised as a 4 PEICE SET. Company sent me 1 piece!! Third party refuses to refund me, and Walmart says..."
- "I have never experienced such a unprofessional online and customer service experience before dealing with world market. I placed an order on January. 13, 2016, delivery was scheduled from 1/17-1/21...."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."