My husband and I bought a washer and dryer online and scheduled a delivery date for a day I would be available. We both work full-time, so when we scheduled the delivery, we were careful to choose a day where I would be home.

We got a call the evening before our scheduled delivery date to tell us that our units would be delivered between the hours of 7:30 and 9:30 AM and that we would receive a call 30 minutes before their arrival. I made sure my schedule was clear and waited at home until 9:30. We received no call from GE, nor did our units arrive so we called them. We were told that our delivery date had to be rescheduled because the units were not available in the warehouse.

Now we must reschedule the delivery day though we had already picked a day when we were available. I am baffled that there was no call made to let us know in the morning that our units were not going to be delivered. Again we had to call them to find this information out. We had already moved our existing washer and dryer, and prepared for the delivery.

This is unacceptable customer service. I want to know how they are going to be held accountable for such a disappointing experience. Their lack of concern for an oversight on their part is unacceptable.

If you cannot uphold an agreement, you should at least make sure the customer is aware and try to find a solution or remedy. The fact that we had to call them was appalling.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 07, 2017.

Comments

Same issue, have been waiting on a new gas oven & the delivery has been postponed for the 3rd (& last time) going for a cancellation. No applogies from GE, we’re told that that’s the way it is from the shipper at GE.

Meanwhile the old oven goes back in for now.

Terrible customer service!