We bought the new cafe series applicances for our new house.Just after the warranty expires the knobs broke, all of them, they are made of a cheap plastic.
I bought replacements and eventuall they broke, I bought two more and they are better quality but are now made of metal and can get very hot when cooking with the stove (currently waiting on the other plastic ones to break). These new "versions" are also a different diameter and look bad. We thought this series was a very high quality, considering the cost, but next remodel we will consider a different brand appliance. The real issue is that a few times the gas will not turn competely off because off the design on the knob, this has happened twice to us.
Very dangerious design!These knobs are also over $30 each...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Cafe Dual Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Bought a top of the line GE Profile Trash Compactor model # GCG1580LSS. In less than 3 yrs, the footpedal mounting holes worn thru and the footpedal fell off. The..."
- "Black mold growing inside refrigerator, also due to the high moisture level everything is turning to rust. No help from GE, all they wanted to do was give me discount..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- "Well I want to say after all the bad reviews I read here and there I was hesitant to go there but I did anyways. I had a temp top..."
- "I received one of these freshners free with a scentsy order, I put it in my car, but did not hang it up as it would distract my view and..."