Mount Pleasant, Texas

We bought the new cafe series applicances for our new house.Just after the warranty expires the knobs broke, all of them, they are made of a cheap plastic.

I bought replacements and eventuall they broke, I bought two more and they are better quality but are now made of metal and can get very hot when cooking with the stove (currently waiting on the other plastic ones to break). These new "versions" are also a different diameter and look bad. We thought this series was a very high quality, considering the cost, but next remodel we will consider a different brand appliance. The real issue is that a few times the gas will not turn competely off because off the design on the knob, this has happened twice to us.

Very dangerious design!These knobs are also over $30 each...

Review about: Ge Cafe Dual Oven.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ge Appliances Oven
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Submit review

Comments

Middleton, Wisconsin, United States #950246

Ditto!The plastic around my knobs has melted!!

PLASTIC! On an EXPENSIVE oven! I will not buy another GE either. Did I say PLASTIC!?!?

On a RANGE?(sigh)

SusanP
Cle Elum, Washington, United States #843495

Thanks for your post, one of our knobs broke and we are now experiencing the same problem as you and this WAS the only one of the GE Cafe line of appliances that I hadn't had a problem with...so frustrating!!!

I haven't had any luck with GE working to fix any of my issues and haven't tried on this latest one but I am sure they'll be as "un-concerned" as they have been with the other problems. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GE APPLIANCE, EVER!!!

Mount Pleasant, Texas, United States #780821

UPDATE...

I did get a response from GE and replied to the email...GE replaced all the knobs with a beter designed part.

A little smaller in size but at least the do work as they should.

This is the email address that I finally got a reply from.

ConsIndsocialmedia@ge.com

pissed
Denver, Colorado, United States #724715

well i wish I could say GE is even a little interested in helping me resolve this safety hazard but I have sent "nikki" , from GE in the post below, an email three times and never received a reply.

And this is a safety hazard, we have a 13 year old learning to cook and just last week I came in the house and smelled gas... I went right to the stove and YEP you guessed it, the knob did not turn completely off. Its a shame I cant allow my 13 young lady to cook because of a defective stove.

mary

We've had the exact same problem, except now the new knobs are $64 per knob!!!!!!!!!I'm furious.

I don't know if I should replace them or not.

It's very dangerous.I'm thinking of suing.

garylcorbett

I bought all new ge cafe appliances for our kitchen remodel including the dual fuel range model cgs980sem1ss cheap plastic knobs are all cracked and loose.I looked on line to find replacements but i refuse to pay $60.00 apiece for knobs for a five year old $2500.00 appliance.

i will find a generic knob to ensure safety for my family. when guests comment on how ugly the range is with the "generic" knobs i will explain why.

will not look good for GE but so be it.at my age probably won't need to worry about replacing the so stuck with the problem.

GE_Appliances

Hi this is Nikki with GE.Sorry you had this issue with the knobs.

Please email your information to us at eResponse@ge.com and we will look into this for you.Thanks