Update by user Nov 13, 2011

It has been only two months since I have begun using my new GE Refrigerator Model PFCS1RKZA SS (Bottom Freezer Style) for which I paid approximately $2500 . There is an annoying noise which can be heard from everywhere inside the house – the refrigerator emits the noise constantly and it seems to be coming from the motor-fan.

I called GE to get it serviced through the warranty; however upon arrival the technician told me that \"the noise is normal\". I disagreed with because my son has the same model which does not make this noise. He confessed that he has never replaced that type of motor; that it was very complicated and it would take a lot of time and effort. Then I asked him: ‘Do you mean I have to live with this noise?’ – The technician promptly shrugged and left, which honestly upsets me.

I later requested another service appointment to resolve the problem, but instead I got a phone call from the # 1.800.491.2737, a person that identified himself as a GE Engineer who “was trained by the same people who designed that refrigerator”. He told me that there was no problem with my refrigerator, and that if I wanted to get it serviced, he would have to bill me $79 for the second visit. So I asked him: ‘Why would I be billed $79 if you guys have not fixed the noise coming from my refrigerator and you say you will not fix it?’ - He responded that he would then cancel the service appointment: So he did. Then I set another appointment through GE’s website and was visited by another technician from the same repairing department.

When he came into my house I noticed that he had a bit of an attitude problem: He was discourteous and aggressive. He only opened the refrigerator for what seemed like 2 seconds and told me that there was nothing wrong with it and then left without further instruction or explanation. In my opinion he didn\'t try to listen for the noise and was most likely already told that there was \"no issue\" so he did not look for one. The same GE “engineer” called me later that day to inform that I was billed $79 dollar for the second servicing.

I honestly rather they honor my warranty and fix the annoying buzzing sound that is coming from my refrigerator than I have to sit here and write these sort of reviews for the GE Appliance Service Department in Fort Lauderdale.

However since they refuse to help me I find that this is the most effective way of warning other people about their quality of service. I recommend to anyone that would be serviced by this department to buy from a different brand.

Original review posted by user Nov 11, 2011

Three Months ago I purchased all brand new Ge profile appliances. Among them a Ge Profile Refrigerator Model pfcs1rkza ss(Bottom Freezer Style). I paid $2500 approximately. But I did not get a Brand New Refrigerator – What I got is a piece of Junk without True Warranty.

Just after installation you could hear from almost everywhere in the house a loud high-frequency buzz coming from the motor-fan. So I called Ge to get it repaired through warranty - upon arrival the technician told me "that noise was normal". As I disagreed with him he responded that he has never replaced that type of motor; that it was very complicated and would take a lot of time and effort. I asked him: Do I would have to live with that noise? - He did not care and left. So I requested another service appointment to resolve the problem, but instead I got is a phone call from Tel 1.800.491.2737, a person that identified himself as a GE Engineer who "was trained by the same people who designed that refrigerator". He told me that there was no problem with my refrigerator, and that if I wanted to get someone again, he would have to bill me $79. So I asked him: Why do you want to get paid $79 if you already have decided not to repair my brand new refrigerator? He responded that he would then cancel the service appointment: So he did.

So I made another appointment and got visited by another technician who already came into my house with a bad attitude: He was discourteous and aggressive. He did not even check: He just opened the doors for 2 second, told me that there was nothing wrong and left. Thereafter I got another phone call from the Ge "engineer" to tell me that he has billed me $79 for the second visit.

No doubt: Ge service people in Fort Lauderdale Florida are irresponsible and dishonest. I will not buy a Ge appliance ever again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments

We bought a GE Profile Refrigerator back in 2008 for our brand new home that we were moving into. We had it all of six months and the temperature started going up in the freezer.

It would go up to like 12 degrees and back down to 7 and then back up to 15. Low and behold it was the computer board had gone bad. By the time the refrigerator had been up and running and then decided to not hold constant correct temperature, the warranty ran out on it.

We had to pay over $250 for a repairman to come out and fix it for us. This is what you get when this s*** comes here made in Mexico.

#382026

We purchased a GE Profile refrigerator in Aug 2007. (French door/bottom freezer)

Due to delayed kitchen remodel it was not installed until 2008.

There have been 6 service calls on this 5 yr old refrigerator - all serviced by GE technicians.

Repairs: replacing both doors, two motherboards, and lastly the relay switch. One call found no problem though an electric burning smell emitted from the unit. The last tech ordered the switch 10/24/11 having diagnosed the smell and the spontaneous off/on operation of the unit as to to the relay heating and cooling. Today GE called and said the unit cannot be repaired until January 2012 at the earliest due to a lack of parts.

Their offer included an extended 1 yr warranty or the purchase of a new unit at the cost of $971 to us.

So far the costs of the repairs have exceeded the cost of the unit and it is documented that this was a faulty appliance by GE. Where do we go to get assistance to rremedy this situation?