State: Maryland City: Severn Product: Ge Appliances Range Clear all filters (1 of 43 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Ge Appliances - GE Ceramic Top Ranges - Not worth the trouble.

1.6
In my opinion the Ge Ceramic Top Ranges are defective. The smallest thing that gets on the top when you are cooking leave a terrible mark which takes a great deal of effort to remove. They knew that the material used to make the top was defective in that it absorbs all kinds of stains, and even water marks, because they even offer a cleaning kit with it, which includes a special abrasive to scrub the top with, a special sponge and even a razor blade to scrape the top. So they knew it was a big problem. I went out on line to see if anyone had and good ideas on how to clean the ceramic top and surprised to see the hundreds of posts with ideas - non of with really work without a lot of effort. If they did GE would be including it in their new models. If you don't want a lot of heartache, I recommend you do not buy the GE ceramic top ranges. I did call customer support and they offered me 150 dollars off on a new 700 dollar range - I would have to take the $550.00 loss on a range that is under 1 year old and under warranty. They respond by saying the warranty does not cover stains - I say - the warranty should cover the use of defective material in the construction of the top. We really need a lawyer to pick up a class action suite on this and sue for either money back, or replacement of coil top ranges + suffering which is what my wife and I do when we have to clean this wretched thing.
Author
Severn, Maryland
Product
Ge Appliances Range
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #543114 is a subjective opinion of poster.