Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Sep 03, 2021

We purchased this GE Refrigerator 8/2017. Since 7/2019 we have had FOURTEEN service calls/repairs.

They have replaced the freezer fan, the refrigerator fan, the thermistor, the main computer board, drain line, housing cover for refrigerator fan and freezer fan, ALL 2-3 times each. Today they replaced FOUR parts again! We have dealt with water leaking all over our floors, food freezing in the refrigerator and then thawing and having to be thrown out, extremely loud noises (which we took video of and showed the tech multiple times), and the water on the door not working after they left. GE says it's reparable because they can put a part in that will fix it for a few weeks.

Then the cycle starts again. Because GE doesn't deem it as a defective product, Assurant will not rectify the situation. GE says Assurant should see all these repairs and buy out the contract or give cash value for the refrigerator. The GE Technician even feels there is something wrong and says he has NEVER seen this many issues before that keep happening over and over again.

GE and Assurant do both agree that 14 service calls in 2 years is excessive. Yet no one will rectify this situation. We were told by Loretta at Assurant (yesterday) to call Customer Service at 888-481-**** when the tech was at our house today, and ask for the Claims Department. Then they would speak directly to the tech to find out why these same parts continue to need replaced.

Well that was a joke, because I spoke to Tom who just said if there are parts there (again) just fix it. He was not interested in how many times the same parts have been replaced. As he tried to transfer me to customer relations, he hung up on me. I called back and then spoke to Naudine who was extremely difficult to understand.

Customer Relations said I needed to go back over to Claims (Toms Dept), so she transferred me to David. David was a higher up in Claims who just kept saying If the refrigerator can be fixed, Assurant will not do anything about it, even if its the same parts being replaced over and over again. The ONLY way Assurant will do anything is for the Tag people at GE to deem the refrigerator unrepairable. I have no idea what a Tag person is?

I will NEVER buy another GE product, nor will I ever recommend Assurant for anything. All we have gotten is the run around from both pointing us back to the other. There have been numerous losses in food cost, lost wages from missing work for the service calls, and it's not something we look forward to having a tech in our house all the time during Covid issues. This is absolutely the worst customer service from both Companies (GE and Assurant).

Please save yourself the hassle and do NOT go with either Company for your needs. For now, I plan to write reviews on all possible sites until our situation is addressed.

User's recommendation: Do not buy GE!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ge Appliances Cons: All, Bad service, How i was treated.

Comments