Ge Appliances - Knobs for the GE Cafe Range Oven Gas
Update added by user Jul 25, 2013
After posting here and submitting a direct email to GE (ConsIndsocialmedia@ge.com)...I received an email response on Sunday (~ 12 hours from post and email) from GE notifying me they were going to replace the knobs. I received the new knobs (~ $250 in value) via mail on Wednesday (3 days from posting).
I'll have to admit, even though I was not happy about the knobs...the customer service response was amazing and the "newly" design knobs are a significant step up in quality.
Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2013
We bought our GE Cafe gas range/oven in 2008 and were pleased for the most part except for knobs.Beware they break...complete design flaw.
The plastic tip where the knob connects to the stove cracks and basically the entire knob needs to be replaced. I'm kinda surprised GE didn't issue a recall for the knobs - since a broken one may cause the burner to be stuck in the on position. It's kinda surprising that they would use such low quality knobs after making stoves and ovens for so many years.
Net result, we tried to make some repairs, however now we will need to purchase $250 in new knobs...and it appears now the new knobs are different (I'm guessing improving on the design flaw) than the originals.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cafe Gas Range
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on..."
- "the GE cafe range knobs are made by plastic. it broken and results the gas leaks... couldn't turn off since it broken... be aware when turn the on/off the..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "I've been a pretty faithful consumer of AT&T for some time. Until I found out that my Smart phone that was stolen in July 2012 was never shut down and..."
- "http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchismo/xeriscope-the-orbiting-mechanical-automatic-watch This scam watch is going for $350 to $400 on kickstarter right now. Only you can buy the same watch for $80-$90 on ebay and amazon and many other..."