Ge Appliances - Knobs for the GE Cafe Range Oven Gas
Update added by user Jul 25, 2013
After posting here and submitting a direct email to GE (ConsIndsocialmedia@ge.com)...I received an email response on Sunday (~ 12 hours from post and email) from GE notifying me they were going to replace the knobs. I received the new knobs (~ $250 in value) via mail on Wednesday (3 days from posting).
I'll have to admit, even though I was not happy about the knobs...the customer service response was amazing and the "newly" design knobs are a significant step up in quality.
Original review posted by user Jul 21, 2013
We bought our GE Cafe gas range/oven in 2008 and were pleased for the most part except for knobs.Beware they break...complete design flaw.
The plastic tip where the knob connects to the stove cracks and basically the entire knob needs to be replaced. I'm kinda surprised GE didn't issue a recall for the knobs - since a broken one may cause the burner to be stuck in the on position. It's kinda surprising that they would use such low quality knobs after making stoves and ovens for so many years.
Net result, we tried to make some repairs, however now we will need to purchase $250 in new knobs...and it appears now the new knobs are different (I'm guessing improving on the design flaw) than the originals.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cafe Gas Range
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "GE sent a repairman to my house in late March to repair wires that melted together inside my dishwasher. They melted the wire housing, which the tech removed but didn't..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- " My mother sent two boxes (One jumbo and one small)to her family in the Philippines that she worked on for a long time...."
- "There will be FOUR DOCUMENTS attached to this post. Please look at each of the documents. Where these people get this stuff is beyond me, it just keeps coming. I..."
- "This is regarding Order #106-5418742-6535460, a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard I purchased from amazon.com, the store Outlet Digital. In short, Logitech will not honor the three-year warranty of this..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."