We purchased a house in 2007 furnished with GE Profile refridgerater and spacesaver microwave oven. Both have failed to work within 5 years of purchase of the house, but after the warrantee ran out.

The refridgerater intermitantly stops working. I unplug it for a few days and it begins to work until I start restocking it with food then the temperature starts going up ridiculously, only to spoil food. The buttons on the microwave to operate the light, vent and boost broke off the first year. Now the microwave pad freezes up if I use the stove top.

We are only two people living here and do not overuse any appliance. I have many other appliances in the house that were purchased independently and have had no problem what so ever.

I will never purchase your appliances again and will definitely discourage others from doing so.

jlathrop6@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Monetary Loss: $1900.

Comments

Torrance, California, United States #663741

No one is exactly how you feel after talking with GE customer service reps about you malfunctioning appliance. I fully agree with the May 30 Kitchen Appliances That Don't Work.

I have a refrigerator, which after four years decided to randomly start defrosting itself, three times within five days. Of course, I was charged $200 for the "repair". even though a few days later I'm still not sure the unit is fixed.

I have lived with defrost issues since the day the unit was installed, which proves the parts to the defrost unit, temperature control and the fan were defective on arrival. I will NEVER purchase another GE appliance again.