Today is Thanksgiving Day (11/26/2009) the wall oven door continues to lock and switch off completely.

In some instances the unit continues to cook while to door locked message is displayed, despite the fact that the cooking time has expired. This problem makes the unit totally unsafe as it creates a safety hazard.

This unit has been repaired several times in the last 2 months. 5 visits to date.

This unit is a lemon and must be replaced.

Failure to replace this unit will force us to contact the local news channels and expose GE and its inferior quality of products.

Consumers should check the complaints about GE appliances before they buy. I wish I did.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Oven.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 26, 2009.

Comments

I have a monogram cooktop that has been in use for 1 1/2 years. As per the instruction manual I have cleaned the stove top with an all purpose cleaner.

All the decals have faded away. My GE case worker told me that they would pay half for a new top.

I am insulted that they are telling me that it is a cosmetic issue,that the warranty has expired, and that I used the wrong product to clean the surface with. (Windex- which states as being an all purpose cleaner) .

Does this mean that I have to replace my stove top every 1 1/2 years? I think the decals were inferior and I should not have to be penalized nor cook without knowing where the flame level is at.

Please advise. GE should be better than that.

Megan

your ge tech should camp out in front of my home..... it will save ge time and money.

:zzz

I purchased GE Profile gas range, side by side refer, dishwasher etc. All are pure junk, we tried the selfcleaning for the first time and it does not work.

The refer icemaker quit due to a spring not installed correctly. I am from England and paid $5000+ for this junk.

I will never purchase this brand again, and neither will my real estate clients I meet daily. This company should be put out of business, and they make airplane parts....eeek :(

Raj - sorry to hear about the issues with your wall oven. If you can email me your model # and other details at consindsocialmedia@ge.com, I can have someone look into the problem.

Thanks, Megan

This is Megan from GE. Sorry to hear about your dishwasher issues. If you can email me your model # and other details at consindsocialmedia@ge.com, I can have someone look into it.

Ge Profile dishwasher has had repeated failures of controls in door, and of soap dispenser. It's about 3 years old and under GE extended service contract.

Techs come and fix it and it fails again in a few weeks.

Even when it works, it doesn't clean the dishes. Complete lemon