I built a new house and bought 4 GE appliances to go in it and have had problems and breakdowns with 2 of the 4 units. The refrigerator problems are the most annoying.

It is a GE Profile Acrtica. It warms up inside to the point of ruining food every 7 to 10 days. I have tried every temperature setting possible and have waited between these settings as advised- about 24 hours or more before changing it again. It also freezes food in the lower part of the refrigerator.

my biggest gripe is the response from GE- call a repair person. It Has done this since it was new and it is defective. Another problem is the noise it makes. It can be heard anywhere in the house and it has odd noises like groans.

GE is aware of this because it is addressed in the manual. Other problem is the GE water softener. It stopped working after 1 year and GE's canned response was call a repair person! I would not buy GE product based solely on their Technical assistance department which does not exists.

There are many adjustments that the consumer makes when using a water softener and all I wanted was some guidance in this from GE and could not get any. The last water softener I owned ran for 15 years with out any problems.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments