I purchased a ge profile refrigerator model # Pfcs1njwa it has an embraco compressor and inverter.In the 7 years I had this fridge , the inverter has gone bad 3 times , most recently replaced in October 2015 with ge part # Wr49x10283 and its dead again as of today.

Ge themselves wouldnt take any responsibility, emails back and forth got me an offer to buy a new ge fridge for a 30 % discount. Based on my experience with ge refrigerators and this reoccurring issue you can't blame me for not accepting their offer. Doing research on this I found many consumers complaining that their embraco inverters were exposed to the heat of the compressor and you can see visible heat marks and damage to the casing. I have a Service protection Plan and after losing some of my food for the 3rd time yesterday , i ran out to buy a small fridge to store some food over the weekend.

Usually the warranty service sends someone over , they take a look and tell me yup its the inverter and then order the part and make a followup appointment to actually replace it. This time i got lucky .... and the GE serviceman ran down to his truck and brought up the fourth inverter ...yes 3rd embraco inverter, and fixed my fridge in 5 min. I actually took a look ta the two broken ones , the one replaced in oct 2015 had smaller capacitors and one seems to have been burning , smelled like it an oily substance was all over the inside cover of the inverter.

I tried reaching out to embraco and hoped that at least they would take some responsibility for this faulty design ...Again 3 inverters failing in such a short amount of time is unreasonable and extremely expensive , I need to maintain a warranty on this fridge at $22 bucks a month for the forseeable future.

I actually called embraco and spoke to someone who transferred me to quality control ...he was away from his desk , I left a message , but im not holding my breath to get a reasonable answer.Meanwhile i have a box full of old interverters , control boards etc.

Review about: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion