2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a GE Energy Efficient Washer and Dryer for $1200 from Lowes. After 16 months the dryer makes a loud kaplunk noise and to my pleasure, the drum breaks inside the dryer.

Yes, the drum broke. I know it's out of warranty so I go to order the part so I can fix it. I order the part with Sears parts online and it showed to be in stock when I order it and I go back to check the status of the order and find out it is on backorder. This is another complaint for another day.

I call GE parts to get some answers and I spoke with 2 different agents and get 2 different responses. One said no stock and no ETA on backorders. I call Sears to cancel the order. I call back to GE and another agent said that it was showing that a warehouse showed to have stock available on 8/3 and to call back on the following to check to see if the stock had been entered into the system.

I call on Monday and find out that the supposed back ordered stock was back ordered even furthered until 9/25. So I am even more frustrated and upset now. The last agent I spoke with offered me to speak with consumer relations to see if there were any other options available so I said sure. I had no other options.

The part was not available for a while. I was hoping that since the dryer was still fairly new that GE would help me out with some sort of fair deal to get a replacement. I spoke with a Terrica and explained to her my situation and she was polite and courteous and seemed to try to help me out. She was the one that informed me that my dryer had just passed the warranty period of one year.

It was about 13 or 14 months old. Not even 1 1/2 years old. So I figured that with this information they would really consider working with me. She offered an initial 20% purchase of a new dryer.

I thought that was a reasonable offer considering everything. She offered to send a tech to examine the dryer but it was no need because I had already disassembled the dryer to replace the drum (that is never coming). The call got disconnected and I called back and spoke with a Robin and explained again my situation. She came back and offered $496 for a replacement dryer, or order the part (that is on backorder until late Sept), or $50 to pay towards laundromat expenses.

That was very offensive to me. The discount offer towards a new dryer was absurd and offensive. Basically, the $600 I paid 14 months earlier had gone down the drown if I was to pay $496 for a new dryer. They said because I disassembled the dryer they could only offer $150 rebate toward a new dryer.

THE DRYER WAS ONLY 14 MONTHS OLD. STILL NEW and it breaks and GE does not stand behind the products. The replacement offer was ridiculous. I hoped that GE would do better than that but they did not and to be honest it did not surprise me.

I know the warranty expired but it was only by a few months. Come on... I know I disassembled the dryer but geesh the dryer was $600 bucks and it broke after only 14 months. Does GE even care about the longevity of the products?

Apparently not. I have a case number of 180806-006758. If I had the $$$$ to replace my washer I would trash the GE washer. Also to add to the point of their awesome customer service I was basically told that if I did not like the offer that they gave then oh well.

That was their offer. Also, I am curious to know that if I had purchased the extended service agreement on my dryer and the drum broke and it is on backorder what would their resolution offer had been. Would they replace the dryer for free? I doubt it.

They would probably still have some bull offer to show their customers how they feel about them. GE you are great. Not really. STUPID company.

Horrible product and customer service and I will never purchase a GE product ever again and will advise everyone I can to do the same. I am highly upset but what I can do. GE DOES NOT CARE.

Guess I have no choice but to wait on the parts for 2 months or longer and make me a clothesline while the weather is still hot. #awasteof$$$#neverGEagain#

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Gtd65Ebsj3Ws Dryer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: better offer on replacement dryer. First agent offered 20% for a new dryer.

I didn't like: Product reliability and customer service.

Comments

I am the writer of the above complaint. So I actually received a call from GE corporate and the gentleman I spoke with is Troy Medley and he was very helpful and understandable and did the right thing.

So he offered me 80% off a new dryer plus an additional 1 year warranty plus the 1 year manufacturer warranty. So $249 including tax and delivery and they will deliver my new dryer next week. My faith is now restored in GE.

All I wanted them to do is stand behind their product and Troy Medley with GE did that. Thank you Troy Medley.

to Maurice James #1696293

Well, I have the same model and at about 14 months, it no longer heats. The repair man told me it is a safety hazard and that I need to buy a new one. I used to only buy GE appliances, now, I won't