Verified Reviewer

To Whom It May Concern at GE:

I hope this email reaches you because it is almost impossible to find out how to conctact anyone to complain about the lousy service that a consumer receives. I am most hopeful that you will aid me in my quest to rectify this horrendous experience with GE repair.

Why am I writing because I had the most horrendous experience today with one of your GE Tech repairperson? I called to make an appointment for a washer that I bought several years ago. The Model No. Is GTW460ASJ6WW and the serial number is GH162080G.

I called GE appliances to have a tech come out to see if he could level the washer because it tends to walk across the floor during the spin cycle and it never seems to put hot water in the drum. So today the tech came out and he used a wrench to adjust the legs on the bottom of the machine. The he went to the side of the machine where the hot/cold water comes into the condo and started making adjustments with the wrench. All of a sudden water shot out of the hot water side of the spigot.

Water went all over the kitchen, onto and into the carpet in the dining room and hallway. He shouted for me to get a bucket, a towels, somethings. By the time he got whatever he had broken back in place, my brothers kitchen was flooded, the carpet was soaking and the basement of the condo below him was flooded. He told me that I had to get a plumber right way which I called Dan Wood Plumbing.

He said that the valve or stem had broken and that I needed to get it repaired and that he would come back and put something in the washer that cost #272.51 so that the machine could tell the hot water when to turn off.

I cant begin to express my anger. He broke the valve or stem or whatever with his wrench. Now Im going to have to pay to have a plumber repair whatever it as that he did, plus he wants to charge me $272.51 for something that he didnt even explain plus $99.95 today to have him come to our condo and break the valve/stem and the washer is still walking across the floor???????? What kind of customer service is this.

This washer has had issues from the beginning, but my fault I never complained I just plowed through them, but today was the last straw. I am writing to request a refund because this wasnt a service call this was a WRECKAGE call. This man flooded the kitchen, the carpet, and the common condo basement and then charged me for doing it. I paid simply to avoid any confrontations, but this is not fair.

This is my brothers washer that I bought him, hes suffering with dementia and soils his clothes constantly. So a reliable washer is essential for his needs, but now I have a broken valve on the hot water side of the washing machine and the machine is still going across the floor on the spin cycle. This is and has not been a customer friendly experience at all.

I would be most appreciative if someone/anyone would intercede and help me with this. It took me almost 4 hours to get through to your consumer relations department and I finally got a case number of 0572**** assigned to me by a young woman named Jacqueline and she said she would have another tech come out on May 3, but what good is that going to do me when the 1st tech broke the valve/stem and I still can get hot water in the drum and the washer is still walking across the floor.

Sure she said she would waive the next $99.95, but what good is that going to do me when the valve is broken, hes just going to say the same thing-$272.51 for something that might/might not work. I am highly disappointed that a company as globally extended as GE would deliver such unbelievable poor quality products/service. I am disappointed to say the very least. My brother is 81 years old, I am 72 years old we dont have money to pay for all of these expenses that have be incurred today through no fault of our own.

Yes, we thought the tech knew what he was doing since he worked for your appliance repair department, boy did we get a surprise and not a pleasant one at that.

I am hopeful that there is someone in your conglomeration that will have the decency and honor to reach out to use and correct this grievous mishap. Jacqueline gave me your insurance company named Sedgewick, but do I have to pay them to dry out the carpet and the floor boards from all of that water that your tech decided to flood our condo with? She could not tell me, can you? This has been one of the worse Mondays Ive had since the pandemic broke out.

Please have a heart and rectify this mess.

Ronald Walters

Marie Walters Gill

18301 W. 13 Miler Rd.

Unit A3

Cranbrook Condos

Southfield MI 48076

I can be contacted at 313-819-**** or email of mariew@***.com

I will await your reply, anxiously. Thank you.

Marie Walters Gill

Call number 06369****

Date 4/26/21

Tech: Daniel (789)

estimated bill of $99.95 trip/diagnosis, labor washer of $148.50, and valve inlet ASM (WH13x24392) of 22.70 for a grand total of $272.51 this would be in addition to the $99.95 he charged me today to flood the kitchen.

Comments