THE MOST FRUSTRATING, DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE. On 10/16/11, I purchased a oven, refrigerator, and washer all of which are GE products.

On 10/22/11 this merchandise was delivered. On 10/29/11, the washing machine stopped working and filled my basement with the scent of a electrical fire. I unplugged the washing machine and immediately went back to Home Depot. I had only had the washing machine for 8 days.

Home Depot informed me that the 30 day return policy does not apply to their appliances and they are only a seller of their merchandise. Apparently I only had 48 hours where I could return the product to Home Depot. I was told that we had to contact the manufacturer for repair/replacement. There were no Saturday appointments available until December and I was forced to take today off from work for a weekday appointment.

I had to take an entire day off since GE told me a repair person would be at my residence between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. I believe GE should reimburse me for this time off. When the repairman did come, he informed me that the part needed is on backorder for 10 to 30 days which is unacceptable.

I spent hours on the phone with a number of people who could not help me. The final person I spoke with informed me that once again I would have to wait for GE to track down the part, which would take the 10 to 30 days. She did inform me that if the part took longer than 10 days to receives they could finally replace my washing machine. Once again this is unacceptable.

I should not have to take time off work AGAIN because GE provided me with a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. Also, this representative offered me ten dollars a week for having to do my laundry at a laundry mat, which again is unacceptable for the inconvenience that GE has posed on me. Currently, I am waiting for a manager "Sharon" whose number and last name could not be given to me TO CALL ME. I was told that I would have to wait 48 hours to receive a call back because her list of unhappy customers is so long that it will take her that long to contact me to resolve the issue of the defective washing machine.

IT'S DAY TWO AND STILL NO CALL.

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A GENERAL ELECTRIC PRODUCT AGAIN AND RECOMMEND THAT YOU DON'T AS WELL. Learn from my mistake.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Washing Machine.

Comments

lawpuppy

HI, thank you for reviewing your defective GE product. I'm truly sympathetic for anyone who is treated this way by such a huge company, one that benefits from many tax payer funded government projects.

They really know how to make people feel like a number, not an important customer.

But then when a company has millions of customers, what's a few thousand unhappy ones? Just a slight inconvenience I guess.

HI, I'm from the states, though I live in Canada and my Profile Fridg is down for over 4 weeks with the same story. I even said I would pay for the part to be overnighted to me and I'll repair and they said NO.

still no fridge. Is this a class action suite we have?

jay013170

Take a look? They should just give you a new machine.

Don't tell me they can't afford to do that. So glad I read this.

This just confirms that my decision to by a washer and a dryer from Whirlpool was the right one. (see my comment "Subpar Appliance from GE")

GE_Appliances

I’m so sorry to hear of this issue with your washer. If you would like to e-mail us at eResponse@ge.com with your name, address and phone number and case number we’d be glad to take a look. Karin from GE