Ge Appliances - GE Wall Oven Touchpad Very Poor Quality
Update added by user Jul 04, 2011
Update: GE contacted us by telephone and sent a new touchpad as well as arranging a free install with a local repairman.It is our understanding that the basic design was faulty.
The material used was not able to stand up to high temperatures (i.e. running the self-clean cycle).
So, over time, warping.The new touchpad is a vast improvement.
Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2010
Had a GE wall oven a short time when the touchpad began to crack around the most often used buttons and develop air bubbles.We replaced it with the correct model.
The second is worse and took less time to start to degrade. It has a four inch air bubble beneath the surface and most of the selections have cracks around them, even those we never use. Have emailed GE twice via the website. The first received a automated response only.
The second attempt did not even receive an automated response.
We won't be buying any more GE appliances.Their customer service is unresponsive and products are worthless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Wall Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Black mold growing inside refrigerator, also due to the high moisture level everything is turning to rust. No help from GE, all they wanted to do was give me discount..."
- "Bought a top of the line GE Profile Trash Compactor model # GCG1580LSS. In less than 3 yrs, the footpedal mounting holes worn thru and the footpedal fell off. The..."
- "Our GE Profile Washer never fills with enough water to get the clothes clean. If I run an extra rinse cycle the water is not clear because the clothes are..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I shipped a car hood and was not giving a quote but they picked up the shipment anyway, to my surprise!..I got a phone call from them telling me the..."
- "I was browsing classifieds sites looking for a legitimate online business and I found this bid ambassadors and btg penny auction thing spammed all over the web... I knew..."
- "I received a dresser yesterday in which two of the drawer faces have already fallen off and the quality is beyond poor. The box was very difficult to open..."