Ge Appliances - GE Wall Oven Touchpad Very Poor Quality
Update added by user Jul 04, 2011
Update: GE contacted us by telephone and sent a new touchpad as well as arranging a free install with a local repairman.It is our understanding that the basic design was faulty.
The material used was not able to stand up to high temperatures (i.e. running the self-clean cycle).
So, over time, warping.The new touchpad is a vast improvement.
Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2010
Had a GE wall oven a short time when the touchpad began to crack around the most often used buttons and develop air bubbles.We replaced it with the correct model.
The second is worse and took less time to start to degrade. It has a four inch air bubble beneath the surface and most of the selections have cracks around them, even those we never use. Have emailed GE twice via the website. The first received a automated response only.
The second attempt did not even receive an automated response.
We won't be buying any more GE appliances.Their customer service is unresponsive and products are worthless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Wall Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I shipped a car hood and was not giving a quote but they picked up the shipment anyway, to my surprise!..I got a phone call from them telling me the..."
- "I was browsing classifieds sites looking for a legitimate online business and I found this bid ambassadors and btg penny auction thing spammed all over the web... I knew..."
- "I received a dresser yesterday in which two of the drawer faces have already fallen off and the quality is beyond poor. The box was very difficult to open..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."