Update added by user Jul 04, 2011
Update: GE contacted us by telephone and sent a new touchpad as well as arranging a free install with a local repairman.It is our understanding that the basic design was faulty.
The material used was not able to stand up to high temperatures (i.e. running the self-clean cycle).
So, over time, warping.The new touchpad is a vast improvement.
Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2010
Had a GE wall oven a short time when the touchpad began to crack around the most often used buttons and develop air bubbles.We replaced it with the correct model.
The second is worse and took less time to start to degrade. It has a four inch air bubble beneath the surface and most of the selections have cracks around them, even those we never use. Have emailed GE twice via the website. The first received a automated response only.
The second attempt did not even receive an automated response.
We won't be buying any more GE appliances.Their customer service is unresponsive and products are worthless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Wall Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Installed new corian countertop, with opening made for GE cooktop. When the cooktop was installed it had a warped top, so reported it that day. Subsequently had 3 more cooktops..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "I received a dresser yesterday in which two of the drawer faces have already fallen off and the quality is beyond poor. The box was very difficult to open..."
- "I was browsing classifieds sites looking for a legitimate online business and I found this bid ambassadors and btg penny auction thing spammed all over the web... I knew..."
- "I shipped a car hood and was not giving a quote but they picked up the shipment anyway, to my surprise!..I got a phone call from them telling me the..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."