In August of 2007, we bought our first GE Profile product, a refrigerator, model no. PFSS6PKWSS. The fridge has had ongoing problems with the ice-maker. We spent $2,264.16 on the new purchase & another $469.02 in repair bills thus far.

In August of 2008, we purchased GE Profile Gas Range with Convection Oven (PGB918SEMSS,) Overhead Convection Microwave (JVM1790SK,) Dishwasher (PDW9280NSS,) Clothes Washing Machine (WPGT9150HMG) & Dryer (DPGT650EHMG) for a total of $5,442.58.

We have spent an additional $269.87 to replace a defective clothes washing machine. (I reached my breaking point on the washing machine after I had to open the lid, reach in & agitate the clothes myself to prevent items from still being completely dry on the top layer at the end of the cycle.)

The dishwasher is just a lemon in every way fathomable. However it took until recently before I reached my breaking point when I had to super-glue the rubber liner back into place (& that still did not solve the problem.) It does not clean dishes, everything must be scrubbed completely. The control panel changes itself randomly. The machine will hum for more than 24 hours (or until I catch it) after a wash. The smart dispense does not function.

I filed a formal complaint with GE several months ago. I expected them to stand by their products & make this situation right by replacing the dishwasher.

Instead I'm being told it's my fault because I waited 3 years to file a complaint, even though typically a dishwasher should last at least 10 years. I resent being put in the situation of having to file a complaint at all.

I would like GE to replace this dishwasher with one that functions properly at no further cost to me. Even a less expensive one that is not considered "energy efficient" would be acceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Comments