We purchased a complete kitchen of new GE Profile appliances just 2 years ago. Within the first year and a half our "top of the line" range had a temperature control problem in the oven cooking things way too hot.

After several calls to GE they finally came out but it took the "GE certified service man" THREE trips to get it working. Just recently, we are experiencing the same issues once again but this time the new refrigerator is making a loud fan noise and the ice maker leaks. Called GE Customer Relations again and the best they could do (so they say) is charge me an $80 trip fee and they would cover 50% of the labor and parts. After arguing with them about my range they agreed to waive the trip charge as the temperature issue is seen as a safety issue.

I asked if they would look at the refrigerator while they were at my house and they said "NO that is a separate trip charge". If it is a trip charge, why would they charge twice?

Long story short, do no buy GE appliances as they are of poor quality and will not last more than 2 years without having problems. STAY AWAY!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments