We bought our house early 2005 and "asked" to be upgraded to the "superior" GE Profile series of applicances. This includes D/W, Refridgerator, built in Microwave/Convection oven, 5 burner gas stove top with a mechanical back draft.

To date: Convection oven never worked (really didn't bother us as we usually used Microwave, mechanical backdraft stopped working. Inferior metal arms were used so they warped about 2 years ago and I replaced them for a mere 300 for parts and now my refridgerator has completely stopped working. Once again not the compressor but the crappy electronics that were installed. The first thing noticed was the water dispenser started acting up then the ice maker delivery system in door started acting up then the motor shut down completely.

Nice…there goes 500 worth of food. It is out of warranty no doubt but my 76 year old mother has had her very efficient Kenmore for over 20 years without a problem.

I will never ever buy another GE product. I don't even like flying on planes with GE engines since you obviously can't build a consumer appliance, why would I trust you with a jet engine????

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

Parker, Colorado, United States #945780

We redid our kitchen. All GE profile.

After less than 2 years. Refridge doesnt cool. Dishwasher spring and cable broke. Motor on convection oven went bad.

All under normal use. Will never buy GE anything again.