Plymouth, Minnesota

GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on line or at used appliance stores. That is how they "Helped" me. I'm almost reported the "bad" switch to CPSC.gov since it looked burnt and maybe a fire hazard.

I found on line a perfect match: LG part# 6600JB1010A ordered thru Dey Distributing in Minnesota. No modification at all required.

1st picture is the bad switch center contact burnt. 2nd and 3rd picture are GE's part and LG's part

Review about: Ge Refrigerator Part.

I liked: Nice products.

I didn't like: Part i needed was nlm no longer manufactured.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss I found a match on line / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Submit review

Comments

Dick K
Springfield, Ohio, United States #1237837

GE WR23X10429 I removed looks the same with the burnt contacts and char.LG 6600JB1010A is a perfect match, exact same switch.

My guess is that GE says no longer available because switch they used was not heavy enough for the circuit leading to pre-mature failure and they don't want to accept responsibility.

LG switch is available from most every aftermarket appliance parts distributor.