Ge Appliances - GE Profile Refrigerator - Switch, Light WR23X10429 NLM

96 of 834 Ge Appliances reviews

GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on line or at used appliance stores. That is how they "Helped" me. I'm almost reported the "bad" switch to CPSC.gov since it looked burnt and maybe a fire hazard.

I found on line a perfect match: LG part# 6600JB1010A ordered thru Dey Distributing in Minnesota. No modification at all required.

1st picture is the bad switch center contact burnt. 2nd and 3rd picture are GE's part and LG's part

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Nice products
  • What I disliked
    • Part i needed was nlm no longer manufactured

Reason of review:
I found a match on line
Product or service
Ge Refrigerator Part
Review category
Equipment
review #781150 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ge Appliances? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
96 of 834 Ge Appliances reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Dick K

Nov 07 #1237837 Springfield, Ohio, United States

GE WR23X10429 I removed looks the same with the burnt contacts and char. LG 6600JB1010A is a perfect match, exact same switch. My guess is that GE says no longer available because switch they used was not heavy enough for the circuit leading to pre-mature failure and they don't want to accept responsibility. LG switch is available from most every aftermarket appliance parts distributor.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ge Appliances. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ge Appliances.
Filing a new complaint about
×