2.0

GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on line or at used appliance stores. That is how they "Helped" me. I'm almost reported the "bad" switch to CPSC.gov since it looked burnt and maybe a fire hazard.

I found on line a perfect match: LG part# 6600JB1010A ordered thru Dey Distributing in Minnesota. No modification at all required.

1st picture is the bad switch center contact burnt. 2nd and 3rd picture are GE's part and LG's part

This reviewer shared experience about "i found a match on line" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). stjoor is overall satisfied with Ge Appliances and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about ge refrigerator part at Ge Appliances was part i needed was nlm no longer manufactured , but reviewer liked nice products. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ge Appliances.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Ge Appliances to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Springfield, Ohio, United States #1237837

GE WR23X10429 I removed looks the same with the burnt contacts and char.LG 6600JB1010A is a perfect match, exact same switch.

My guess is that GE says no longer available because switch they used was not heavy enough for the circuit leading to pre-mature failure and they don't want to accept responsibility.

LG switch is available from most every aftermarket appliance parts distributor.