I purchased this refrigerator new 3 years ago. It worked fine for the first year.

Then the ice dispenser would jam up. I constantly had to free the ice everyday. After a while the crushed ice wouldn't work anymore. The blades just simply would not crush the ice.

The mechanical components are cheap plastic. Now, all I can get is ice cubes. Now after 2 years, the ice dispenser jams up all the time. I'm having to unjam it several times a day.

This is the worst fridge that I have ever seen. To be so expensive. it is cheaply made.

I have had it for 3 years now and I will practically give it away to purchase a quality Fridge from a company that makes quality durable products. DO NOT BUY FROM GE!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 25, 2010.

Comments

heistoast
Ocala, Florida, United States #599296

Our GE Profile SS Frig and Microwave are junk. Microwave stove top light circuit board blew when i changed the bulb, now it's on all the time can't turn it off.

Called them and I was told to unplug the microwave before changing the bulb, how do you unplug a built in microwave???? Ice maker in frig is jamming and tray won't go in.

I read in the manual that if the tray won't go in you have to rotate the drive motor with your hand, guess I need to put a sign on it. GE no more.....