Five years ago, we bought a stainless GE Profile double oven (microwave on top) from Sears for just under $2,000; within 2 years (right after the extended warranty) the interior started peeling under the rotating glass. Last year, the ceiling of the microwave started peeling, and now the back wall has started.

There are paint chips (probably lead) in our food every day!

At the same time, we also bought a 'matching' 1200. GE Profile gas cooktop, whose grates started rusting within the first year (GE did replace), and then the painted lettering around the knobs rubbed off!

Unfortunately, both of these products are being manufactured in China and are of the poorest quality.

I will never buy a G.E. product again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Cooktop.

Comments

sydneyreyff
San Rafael, California, United States #659143

I was contacted by a representative at GE within 3 weeks after my post. In all fairness, G.E.

did follow-up with my complaints and they did replace my double wall oven (microwave and conventional) for a pro-rated nominal fee which included removal and disposal of the corrupt unit and installation of the new replacement. While disappointed in my first wall oven, I am pleased with G.E.'s accountability an ,) d my fingers are crossed that this new wall unit will perform and last longer than a few years.

GE_Appliances
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States #641991

Hello, I am sorry to read aobut your issue with the GE Profile wall oven. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information at eResponse@ge.com please? Thank you, Donna with GE