We bought our GE Profile Fridge in 2005. It stopped working while we were still under warranty.

Apparently, this model has a faulty motherboard. It also quit while we weren't under warranty and it cost us a small fortune. Presently, the fridge is registering 72 degrees. I think I'll take it to the junk yard.

Poor junk yard. The model number is PDS22SBRBRSS. GE is well aware that the motherboard is faulty but they will not pay for repairs. They have the nerve to sponsor their name on Food Network shows.

I paid $438.96 in June 2010. Is this going to be a yearly repair charge?

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #380241

GE Profile Bottom Freezer/Refrigerator, purchased July 2007, Flexuating temperatures in both refrigerator and freezer. To me this is a major purchase consumers rely on everyday in order to feed their family.

I wonder how many families have gotten ill from food not kept at the right temperature, or how much money people have spent replacing food they had to thow away because of unreliable temperature. I am amazed at the number of people who are having the same problem. We need to band together and hold GE accountable for the products they sell. In this economy none of us can afford this kind of problem.

There must be some recourse for all of us. :(