I purchased a new house in June of 2007 with a kitchen full of brand new GE profile appliances. These were supposed to be top of the line appliances and all came with a 1 year warranty.

In January, the handle of the GE Profile Freezer came off in my hand causing me to fall through the open door of the dishwasher. I was banged and bruised and very upset. When I called GE I was assured by customer service that they would have someone out to make things right in the next couple of days. When I was finally able to get a rep out, he said that the entire dishwasher needed to be replaced and he would recommend CS replace it. We called CS and they told us they would research it and let us know in 48 hours.

Much to my surprise, the letter I received said that GE would replace the dishwasher once I paid $450 - $350 for the dishwasher and $100 for delivery!! I refused and will never buy so much as a lightbulb that is made by GE. No one even bothered to apologize for my injuries - all they cared about was getting around their 1 year warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Warranty.

Comments

You fell into your dishwasher opening your refrigeratod door ? hmmm....sounds like operator error to me. After how many Jack & Cokes was this ?