Bought new appliances to replace the outdated ones when we bought our home several years ago. GE Profile are not cheap appliances.

Figured we would spend the extra money and get something well built. Wrong. What happened to the GE of years ago? The refrigerator lasted 3 years.

Service tech was out twice in six months. Fan stopped working, refrigerator would get so hot you thought it was an oven, condenser went, ice maker stopped working, digital readout for temperature stopped displaying, loudest refrigerator we ever had Did I mention the ice filters were $50+ to replace every 4-5 months. One morning we got up and it had stopped working during the night. Stove made it a little longer.

Ceramic top large inner coil went out after five years, then the smaller ones went out a few weeks later, inside oven coating starting peeling, the lower oven would never heat properly. At the end it would take the oven almost 45 minutes to heat up to 350.

We have since replaced with Kenmore appliances and have never been happier! Appliances that work, what a new concept.

Comments

Built new home - kitchen all GE Profile. The only thing accetable is dishwasher.

Srvice call on Fridge 3 times, getting rid of double oven. Cooktop OK. High end hood is way overpriced and insufficient.

Don't buy GE - and stay away from Profile. Over $10k and have had better results with less expensive products.

When we remodeled our kitchen we bought all new GE appliances. 1st water dispensor on door went.

2nd Ice maker stopped working. 3rd the Inverter went a total of about 600.00 in parts just on the refrigerator not counting labor. I am not even going to get into the issues with stove, microwave and dishwasher.

I have had an issues with every GE appliance I bought. When I replace these pieces of junk wich shouldn't be long at this rate I will never purchase anything from GE again

GE_Appliances

Hello, this is Nikki from GE. We would like to take a look at this situation for you.

Can you please email us at eResponse@ge.com ? Thanks