Featured Not resolved
1.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We purchased a GE Monogram microwave and had the touch panel fail multiple times. (Try using a microwave where you can't use the number 3 or turn it off or the number 7 etc....) Service technicians made multiple (5+) unnecessary visits (one to diagnose, one to finally repair - even though it was obvious what the problem was after the first failure....) and the fix would only last a short time.

I have 20 year old microwaves in my basement that still work and have never had a service call. This is my 2nd GE microwave to fail and they do NOT stand behind their name. Avoid GE microwaves at all cost - or you will pay plenty! (Case #18112-004828).

I finally just asked that GE refund the money I've paid for service calls ($250+) but they refused to do that. It seems the best they could do was to send a technician out yet again or to give me a discount on another GE microwave. I am not that stupid!

The product was essentially a lemon all along. See my collection of control panels.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ge Appliances Cons: Poor quality of the product, Poor solution resolve.

Comments

I hate touch panel controls. I liked good, solid old fashioned electromechanical controls. Far more reliable, long lived, and easier to repair, they would cost the manufacturer an extra dollar or so ; forget quality and longevity and furnish scrap instead.