We bought GE Appliances for our newly renovated house. Within few weeks the cook top started malfunctioning.

The serviceman GE send was highly disrespectful. Challenging your common sense and very insulting. On one of the service call note he wrote we did not know how to even turn the stove on?

Kept saying that you must be cooking a lot. I had to ask him is this cook top for display only...

A few weeks later the handle on dishwasher came a loose on its own.

The serviceman came and fix it within a few weeks a observe that the screws on inner inside of the door started rusting bad. My question to GE is that monogram suppose to be your top of the line, to me its piece of junk not worth buying the headache...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BUYING GE APPLIANCES.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Dishwasher.

Comments

Bakersfield, California, United States #967226

GE Monogram built in refrigerator $7,000 and the customer service manager tells me she would be happy with an appliance that would last 6 years. Are you kidding me?

and regarding their message to contact them. WHY don't they give anyone a corporate telephone number that someone will answer?

Yeah..............you and I know the reason is they do not want to handle the irate calls from their customers

GE = ***

GE e-response is as bad as their service techs. These people have more excuses for their poor products than you can imagine.

We purchased a GE Micro, Dishwasher, Stove, Washer & Dryer when we moved into our new home 2 years ago.

We've experience long delays on getting to the right person to schedule appointments, service men not showing up on time - one time they never showed up at all, service men that are not familiar with the products. I can go on and on.

These were all their profile series or better. What I'm sure of is that GE likes selling appliances, but does not like servicing them (they sometimes use outside servicemen from a company that Sears owns). They also have no regard to manufacturing good reliable products.

Possibly that's why the gov't bailed them out - which I'm also annoyed about - especially after understanding the quality of their products and service.

Never will I purchase another product from GE as it's only equal is JUNK

I have a GE Profile convection oven. The display panel displays an error code, and the oven does not work.

GE came out to repair it, but did not have tha part. It has been three weeks, and the part is still on "back order" and "we have no idea when or if it will come in". This is a $1500 oven that has been out of service for almost four weeks.

I understand that this problem is rather common with GE Profile ovens. You would think that they would have the parts on hand.

GE_Appliances

I’m so sorry to hear of this issue with your Monogram appliances. If you would like to e-mail us at eResponse@ge.com with the model and serial number of your unit we'd be happy to take a look. Please include your name, address and phone number.