Ge Appliances - GE Monagram Refer bad parts WR55X10490
Update added by user Oct 05, 2015
Guys when you check this posting, please READ THROUGH ALL COMMENTS, there is a lot of good info.People keep asking me questions that are answered in the posting.
IF you replaced the invertor with GE, there is an additional 5 YEAR WARRANTY on the part. I have replaced 3 of them using this warranty. READ your manual, and check. Sealed System is warranted for 10 years (Compressor, lines, etc).
I have had my entire system replaced because of a leak they couldn't find.
ALSO, there is info about a different control board that increases cooling fan speed and frequency.I haven't tried it but people say it is worth the price, buy it through Amazon.com.
Update added by user Sep 02, 2014
Please contact me directly on my e-mail (that goes for anyone who has this problem), I can help! scwaz(at)msn(dot)com
Original review posted by user Dec 31, 2011
Copy of E-mail I sent GE:
I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencer's in Phoenix AZ.
The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) broke…of course following the warranty period by a couple months.
The GE Tech replaced the invertor board (WR55X10490), it had gone bad. The Embraco (MFG) part number is VCC3 1156 01 F 04.
This unit mounts directly to the compressor which is a high heat generating component. The invertor also generates a lot of heat due to the nature of the part (high voltage conversion).
The unit he pulled off the refrigerator approximately a year ago was obviously heat damaged and failed. My concern at that time was this would just keep happening if the design was poor and subjected to higher heat than could be dissipated in the refrigerator design. Well, my fears were realized!!
I have another unit which exhibits the exact same heat damage and my refrigerator is down again. (see picture of browning plastic where the heat effect has taken place).
You have a serious design flaw and Vendor part that is sub-standard and I'm assuming which the same has a VERY HIGH FAILURE RATE, and should be considered for Recall.
There has got to be more customers with this same issue, MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! Let's get GE to stand BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS, not excuses by a Brazillian Company (Embraco) who makes poorly engineered and manufactured components!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ge Monogram Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Had a GE wall oven a short time when the touchpad began to crack around the most often used buttons and develop air bubbles. We replaced it with the correct..."
- "I have a 2006 front loader wash machine that has been in need of service 3 times and has leaked from the first week that it was installed. I recently took..."
- "Over the phone I was scheduling a repair and asked to find out what the TOTAL price of repairs would be. I was told the total of parts AND labor..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."
- "Ordered a pair of expensive shoes, came at the time it said it would, in good condition (or so it seemed). Opened them up they look good, not 91$ good,..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."