My son was making popcorn and the GE Microwave Model PEB7226SF1SS caught fire!!! The microwave was not used often until the last two months when we started using it almost daily.

I have to say Customer Service responded promptly and I received a call back and a technician came out the next day, but because it is out of warranty, I have to purchase another microwave. My house and the microwave are less than 2 1/2 years old! Since when does a microwave last less than 5 years.

I have had microwaves that still worked after 15 years! As a matter of fact, I can't even remember when the last time I purchased a microwave because It lasted so long.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Peb7226Sf1Ss Microwave.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

My first ge microwave caught fire and was replaced under warranty. The replacement caught fire today.

I was hoping that the problem was resolved before a replacement was sent. I am nervous about installing a 3rd ge microwave.

I had the same issue and I obviously do not want another GE microwave . finding something to fit in the area is a ***

Same happened to me !!

ShimmeringHermitCrab407

this is interesting! im so sorry this happened to you. My oven caught fire and they wont do anything about it.

Same thing happened to us with popcorn!!! This is not ok.

Something is defective with their product and they aren’t doing anything about it. We should look into a class action.

#1442001

I have the exact same microwave with exact same problem as you. Was making popcorn just now and it tried to set on fire. Luckily I heard the strange noise first