Purchased GE Microwave from Sears for almost $500. Caught on fire baking a potato.
Sears would not repair or replace, said, "aluminum could have grown in potato, minerals in ground you know,(therefore)considered customer abuse."
Microwave is only four months old. We were told we should have watched the potato baking,I thought that was considered dangerous?
Sears would discount a new one but after delivery and installation charges microwave would be almost $300 for new one. Now, why would we want to pay for another one that could catch on fire from hidden minerals if they will not completely replace it?
Have had cheap microwaves that just burned, and I mean really burned, the item and still continued to work.
Repairman told us it was a faulty sensor but Sears denied his comment. GE should tell consumers not to bake potatoes at all or anything that could potentially cause damage.