Bellevue, Nebraska

We have only had this microwave for a little over 7 months and it has stopped working completely. We called and had someone come out to service the microwave on September 1, 2011.

After taking nearly an hour to figure out the issue, the guy left and said we will call you when the part comes in. It is now the 7th and still no part, no microwave that is usable. I think it is amazing that you can spend over $375.00 on a brand new GE microwave and have no function after 7 months. I will never buy another GE appliance again.

It should be replaced with a brand new unit instead of making us wait for parts.

Unfortunately we bought a GE Dishwasher, Oven, Refrigerator and Microwave. Now I need to make sure we bought the extended warranty if this is any indication of what quality products GE turns out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Comments

We bought our house early 2005 and “asked” to be upgraded to the “superior” GE Profile series of applicances. This includes D/W, Refridgerator, built in Microwave/Convection oven, 5 burner gas stove top with a mechanical back draft.

To date: Convection oven never worked (really didn’t bother us as we usually used Microwave, mechanical backdraft stopped working. Inferior metal arms were used so they warped about 2 years ago and I replaced them for a mere 300 for parts and now my refridgerator has completely stopped working. Once again not the compressor but the *** electronics that were installed. The first thing noticed was the water dispenser started acting up then the ice maker delivery system in door started acting up then the motor shut down completely.

Nice…there goes 500 worth of food. It is out of warranty no doubt but my 76 year old mother has had her very efficient Kenmore for over 20 years without a problem.

I will never ever buy another GE product. I don’t even like flying on planes with GE engines since you obviously can’t build a consumer appliance, why would I trust you with a jet engine????