Bought the GE 1.4 cu ft microwave oven after consulting reviews of all microwaves.The internet and several reviewers recommend GE.

However, when one consults the reviews of any microwaves, the general consensus is: "my first microwave lasted 20 plus years; my second one lasted 1.5 -2 years." So even though GE's got the same complaints the others did; bottom line; those that are supposed to know what they are doing still recommended the GE's over any others. So I bought their 1.4 cu ft model. When I got it delivered and put it on the cart (I made a roll around cart for my last microwave, a 1.1 cu ft Sharp, which lasted almost 27 years), the plug is right behind the cart on the wall. The cord was so short that it will not reach the plug.

This is ridiculous; so they can save a few cents by shortening the cord, they will coast me a special trip to the store (I live in the country, so the trip is s chore and cost) to buy an extension cord to reach the wall. I can tell you this. I used to work in development in a large corporation where we worked out the bugs of the companies products before they went on the market. The bean counters will short change anything to save a penny on the assembly line; their famous saying is that those pennies add up and multiply as they build the products to sell.

I get all this but there is a point where it bites you in the back end. This is one of them. On top this GE is dishonest and deceitful, as I wrote a review on their site about the short cord and recommended people away from the microwave siting that the whole thing is probably as cheap throughout the whole production of the product (experience teaches me that is how it goes).

They refused to post my review and didn't even say why; just that didn't meet their criteria.I guess the truth is not what GE wants you to hear.

Review about: Ge 1 4 Cu Ft Black Microwave Oven.

I didn't like: How cheaply it is made suspect it will not last.

1.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ge Appliances Microwave
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion