We had a GE MONOGRAM built in refrigerator in our home that is defective and has been leaking slowly for many years until we discovered the floor tiles coming loose. GE is AWARE of this defective model but refuses to do the right thing and recall this defective model.

Instead they are handling it on a case-by-case basis. Which is BS. If they know their product is unsafe they need to do the right thing and get the word out to consumers who have this same ticking time bomb sitting in their kitchens. The black mold that results from the hidden leaks is toxic and can make you sick.

Please spread the word to make people aware of this. I was recently contacted by another family that has the same model doing the same damage and GE is still not cooperating. DO NOT BUY GE products. GE doesn't stand behind what they sell.

Check out my Youtube video "GE Black Mold" and you can see what damage was caused by this defective product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 18, 2011.

Comments

Sarver, Pennsylvania, United States #837330

I too have a GE refrigerator that rusted around the water/ice dispenser. Concerned about mold growing inside the wall, we contacted GE.

They sent a repair man who told me he could not say if there was or was not mold because the inside of the doo is a molded piece that cannot be opened. GE had a rep call and write me in email exchanges that the technician said there was no mold but they would give me 25% off a product. Like I want another defective product?

Looking for others to form a class action suit. Mold by water and Ice is a health hazard that cannot be ignored!!!

Can't say I am surprised. They are so busy trying to ship our jobs to China that they are getting lazy and cutting corners.