GE Front Load Washer Model # WBVH6240FWW.Purchased New 2007.

We have had nothing but problems from this washer, but the last one takes the cake. The inner tub wash making noise. After doing a little research, I determined that it was likely the bearing that was bad. GE does not sell the bearing, you must buy the whole outer tub assembly!

What a rip off! But there is a company that will sell you the proper bearing. So I disassembled the washer to install the bearings, but what I found pissed me off! The inner tub (made of stainless steel) was destroyed!

The back of the tub where the shaft is attached to the tub is completely corroded and destroyed. This part stays in water during the wash yet is not made of stainless steel yet some type of cheap metal that will and did corrode.

To replace this inner tub assembly will cost more than $600.I will not put that kind of money into a POS machine that will only last 6 years.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Ge Appliances - GE Profile Refrigerator - Switch, Light WR23X10429 NLM Ge Appliances "GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on..." Read more Ge Appliances - Fire Hazard Ge Appliances "Absolutely appalling customer service from GE. We purchased the GE Cafe gas range. When we installed the oven (meticulously following the instruction manual) it burst into flames. Luckily we got..." Read more Ge Appliances - Internal icemaker leak in GE Monogram refrigerator Ge Appliances "The internal icemaker water line downstream of fill valve dry rotted and broke after 12 years on my GE Monogram refrigerator. It caused several thousand dollars damage to hardwood floor..." Read more Ge Appliances - Problems with GE consumer relations concerning my defective RO water Filter that caused damage to my kitchen Ge Appliances "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..." Read more PetArmor - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PetArmor "I made the exact same mistake that other people do. I used pet armour instead of Frontline like an idiot because I wanted to save thirty bucks. It doesn't work..." Read more Iboats - Return Box was torn so denided Iboats "Yes I ordered a drive shaft that was supposed to be short shaft. Box came and corner of box was torn no biggie opened found out it was the wrong..." Read more Once again  Gasbike got me!!  my own fault for expecting anything different Gasbike "ordered a motor.. did not leave their place for 3 DAYS! took 10 days to get to me... AND they put a direct signature clause on the package !! nobody..." Read more Lazada Philippines - Refund money and broke item Lazada Philippines "Im really dissapointed in my order in lazada because i cannot use my order because when they deliverd and i try to use but its broke, this is 2x i..." Read more