Union City, Tennessee

GE Front Load Washer Model # WBVH6240FWW.Purchased New 2007.

We have had nothing but problems from this washer, but the last one takes the cake. The inner tub wash making noise. After doing a little research, I determined that it was likely the bearing that was bad. GE does not sell the bearing, you must buy the whole outer tub assembly!

What a rip off! But there is a company that will sell you the proper bearing. So I disassembled the washer to install the bearings, but what I found pissed me off! The inner tub (made of stainless steel) was destroyed!

The back of the tub where the shaft is attached to the tub is completely corroded and destroyed. This part stays in water during the wash yet is not made of stainless steel yet some type of cheap metal that will and did corrode.

To replace this inner tub assembly will cost more than $600.I will not put that kind of money into a POS machine that will only last 6 years.

Review about: Ge Front Loading Washer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion