Union City, Tennessee

GE Front Load Washer Model # WBVH6240FWW.Purchased New 2007.

We have had nothing but problems from this washer, but the last one takes the cake. The inner tub wash making noise. After doing a little research, I determined that it was likely the bearing that was bad. GE does not sell the bearing, you must buy the whole outer tub assembly!

What a rip off! But there is a company that will sell you the proper bearing. So I disassembled the washer to install the bearings, but what I found pissed me off! The inner tub (made of stainless steel) was destroyed!

The back of the tub where the shaft is attached to the tub is completely corroded and destroyed. This part stays in water during the wash yet is not made of stainless steel yet some type of cheap metal that will and did corrode.

To replace this inner tub assembly will cost more than $600.I will not put that kind of money into a POS machine that will only last 6 years.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Ge Appliances - Fire Hazard Ge Appliances "Absolutely appalling customer service from GE. We purchased the GE Cafe gas range. When we installed the oven (meticulously following the instruction manual) it burst into flames. Luckily we got..." Read more Ge Appliances - Broken spider on my washer Ge Appliances "We bought a set of GE washer front load and dryer. The machine started making noises and we tought it was the rear bearing. After we took apart the machine..." Read more Ge Appliances - GE Front Load Washer Drum Support Spider Broken Ge Appliances "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..." Read more Ge Appliances - Terrible parts Ge Appliances "This refrigerator has had problems within months of its purchase. I have had the thermostat and door gaskets replaced. The gaskets tear and get holes in them, so I have..." Read more McGeorges RV - Poor quality repair and didn't care McGeorges RV "Took RV to get roof inspected cleaned and sealed to look like the picture behind the counter. After taking 2 more weeks to get to it than quoted, they left..." Read more Discountmugs - Terrible Company!!! Discountmugs "If I could give negative stars, I would! This company took 8 days to make our 40 wine glasses, 36 coffee mugs and 50 coasters. Then another 6 days for..." Read more Ron Carter Hyundai - Dealership Fraud/ Bad General Manager and Sales Manager Ron Carter Hyundai "ks and snakes!! DO NOT GET YOUR VEHICLE HERE THEY WILL F*** YOU OVER!!! I got a 2017 Elantra here and traded my other car in, they harassed me with..." Read more Horrible Rooms to Go Rooms To Go "We have been long time Rooms to Go customers. This has been the WORST experience that we have ever had with this company. June 21 we had a bed and..." Read more