GE Front Load Washer Model # WBVH6240FWW.Purchased New 2007.
We have had nothing but problems from this washer, but the last one takes the cake. The inner tub wash making noise. After doing a little research, I determined that it was likely the bearing that was bad. GE does not sell the bearing, you must buy the whole outer tub assembly!
What a rip off! But there is a company that will sell you the proper bearing. So I disassembled the washer to install the bearings, but what I found pissed me off! The inner tub (made of stainless steel) was destroyed!
The back of the tub where the shaft is attached to the tub is completely corroded and destroyed. This part stays in water during the wash yet is not made of stainless steel yet some type of cheap metal that will and did corrode.
To replace this inner tub assembly will cost more than $600.I will not put that kind of money into a POS machine that will only last 6 years.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Front Loading Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "I ordered a strapless party dress from dusale online shop last month and got it this wednesday! I ordered the daffodil color & size 12 for the size Ball dress..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."