GE Front Load Washer Model # WBVH6240FWW.Purchased New 2007.

We have had nothing but problems from this washer, but the last one takes the cake. The inner tub wash making noise. After doing a little research, I determined that it was likely the bearing that was bad. GE does not sell the bearing, you must buy the whole outer tub assembly!

What a rip off! But there is a company that will sell you the proper bearing. So I disassembled the washer to install the bearings, but what I found pissed me off! The inner tub (made of stainless steel) was destroyed!

The back of the tub where the shaft is attached to the tub is completely corroded and destroyed. This part stays in water during the wash yet is not made of stainless steel yet some type of cheap metal that will and did corrode.

To replace this inner tub assembly will cost more than $600.I will not put that kind of money into a POS machine that will only last 6 years.

Review about: Ge Front Loading Washer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Ge Appliances - Dishwasher never used, just standing in my kitchen for the last 2 months or more! Ge Appliances "Picked up the dishwasher (GE) at my Home Depot store. Nov. 30, 2015. Got it home and had my plumber install it. It would not start. Plumber checked and rechecked..." Read more Ge Appliances - Problems with GE consumer relations concerning my defective RO water Filter that caused damage to my kitchen Ge Appliances "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..." Read more Ge Appliances - Terrible parts Ge Appliances "This refrigerator has had problems within months of its purchase. I have had the thermostat and door gaskets replaced. The gaskets tear and get holes in them, so I have..." Read more Ge Appliances - GE Monogram Fridge: Litterally Rotten! Ge Appliances "I have had one challenge after the next with my 48 in GE Monogram fridge. Two expensive repair calls, arguments with GE "service". Basically unwilling to stand behind a..." Read more 1StopBedrooms - No Communication, Inaccurate Shipping Estimates, Unreasonable Delivery Methods 1StopBedrooms "I ordered a sectional sofa from 1Stopbedroom on 2-20-2017. Almost immediately, I received a confirmation email for my order, stating it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Just as immediately,..." Read more Tophatter - Several Rings And 3 Chains Bidding Review Tophatter "I purchased about $130 worth of jewelry, thrill that I got such a great price through bidding. So far 4 rings came and Im about 90% sure 3 out of..." Read more Ace Canopy - Setting up 14 x 20 Ace Canopy "We set up our new canopy today. We used the last one for at least 15 years. We take the cover off only for PA snows. Putting the frame together..." Read more Conrads Tire Express And Total Car Care - Tire Change Conrads Tire Express And Total Car Care "Had Conrad's on Lorain Ave replace my tires 3 weeks ago. Took it back a week later due to excessive vibration when driving. They said they could find no problems..." Read more