One would think that buying a GE refrigerator that cost me $2500 would not be a recipe for disaster.The model purchased is one with ice and water through the door.

The water dispenser stopped working soon after we bought it. We then started to have a problem with ice accumulating below the pull out drawer at the bottom of the freezer section. The original warranty was up, and the refrigerator basically worked, so i didn't want to pay an expensive repair bill to have it fixed. Luckily, before the 3 year extended warranty period was up, I found that I had purchased the extended warranty.

I called GE. The serviceman came, and said we needed to parts. So that was the first 1/2 day off from work. He came back (another 1/2 day off), and he forgot to order 1 part.

He ordered that, and scheduled July 3rd in the afternoon. A great day, because I would have come home early that day anyway. In the morning, after I arranged my day to be home for him, we got a phone call that he couldn't come (supposedly sick), and needed to re-schedule. We did that, and I again changed my plans to take another morning off, and didn't do something at 8 am because I was waiting for him.

They called at 9 am that the technician had to cancel. Another inconvenience. The next time I rescheduled, I made sure that they came when someone was in the house so I didn't have to take another 1/2 day off. I was home when the technician came, but not when he left.

He told me that these were terrible refrigerators, there was still ice accumulating which probably had to do with a clogged drain that can't be repaired, and was replacing the part.

I came home from work to find out the water through the door still does not work.

When GE sent a follow-up e-mail asking about the repair, I told them that if this was a car, it would be covered by the lemon law.

Review about: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

GE_Appliances
Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania, United States #696671

Hello, this is Donna with GE.I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your new GE French door refrigerator.

We would like to help. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information and details at eResponse@ge.com please?

Thank you.