One would think that buying a GE refrigerator that cost me $2500 would not be a recipe for disaster.The model purchased is one with ice and water through the door.
The water dispenser stopped working soon after we bought it. We then started to have a problem with ice accumulating below the pull out drawer at the bottom of the freezer section. The original warranty was up, and the refrigerator basically worked, so i didn't want to pay an expensive repair bill to have it fixed. Luckily, before the 3 year extended warranty period was up, I found that I had purchased the extended warranty.
I called GE. The serviceman came, and said we needed to parts. So that was the first 1/2 day off from work. He came back (another 1/2 day off), and he forgot to order 1 part.
He ordered that, and scheduled July 3rd in the afternoon. A great day, because I would have come home early that day anyway. In the morning, after I arranged my day to be home for him, we got a phone call that he couldn't come (supposedly sick), and needed to re-schedule. We did that, and I again changed my plans to take another morning off, and didn't do something at 8 am because I was waiting for him.
They called at 9 am that the technician had to cancel. Another inconvenience. The next time I rescheduled, I made sure that they came when someone was in the house so I didn't have to take another 1/2 day off. I was home when the technician came, but not when he left.
He told me that these were terrible refrigerators, there was still ice accumulating which probably had to do with a clogged drain that can't be repaired, and was replacing the part.
I came home from work to find out the water through the door still does not work.
When GE sent a follow-up e-mail asking about the repair, I told them that if this was a car, it would be covered by the lemon law.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge French Door
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Don't Not Allow This Company To Work On Your Home, Hire Someone Else, Had Them Fix My Roof And Stucco The Front Of My Home, 5 Years Later, A Two..."
- "1507071613852949 Hi I have two weeks waiting for 2 swimsuits and pay for fast shipping!..."
- "I was still in the process organizing my living room when my sofa was delivered. I subsequently noticed that there was a small damaged spot on the back of the..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "Too many problems to list them all, but the bigger issues were: 1. Sticking to their own schedule. 2. Fulfilling their own Scope of Work (our contract). 3. ..."