I purchased a GE French Door Refrigerator from Home Depot in February 2012. My ice maker worked like a charm for the first 60 days.

Now I can't use it because of the horrid taste of the ice. My Mom and Dad lived in this same house for many years and always used their ice maker however it was in a refrigerator that was not GE. My sister has a GE refrigerator and she can't use her ice maker either. Wish I had known it was the make of refrigerator and not the water system I would never have spent the money on mine.

The GE repairman told me I needed to add an outside filtration system. Don't you just love that resolve?

Not GE's problem it's mine. If you want to use an ice maker do not purchase GE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments

A piece of junk. :(

Yup,My Mothers is slightly over a year old and the ice maker is gone. Not only that, but virtually every piece of the cheap,thin, plastic inside is cracked or broken. A piece of junk.