GE recalled my dishwasher because the heater was catching fire.The repair person said I needed to remove my ceramic tile in front of the dishwasher. I called customer service and a Tina said they would reimburse me $200 to have the tile removed, dishwasher pulled out and all replaced.

I had a local handyman do the job for $250 and submitted it to GE. They have refused to reimburse me unless I submit a bill from a company and will not accept it was a local handyman who did the work even though he called them. He works under the table and only takes cash. I am 74 sent them a picture of me and the broken floor and still they will not send me the money they promised.

In NJ where I live no larger company will come out for small jobs. I always have a local handyman do my work. Today my front loader washer started to burn. Smoke was comming from the washer.

It was lucky that I was downstairs when it happened or my house could have burnt. The washer just came off warrenty. Do not buy GE products if you want more them for more than two years.

GE used to be a reliable company--not now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Dishwasher.

Comments