I put a GE waterheater in for a friend a week ago. And when I started it i found a small crack in the gas line between the thermostat and burner. I call GE customer service and told them and they went through there bla bla bla if it was damaged by installation we won't pay. I said fine i garantee it wasn't but ok. So i told them what the problem was and i was 100% positive this is the part you need so have the repair guy you call to bring this. So the repair man shows up 12 hours later and looks at is and says yep it wasn't damaged by installation so ill call them and they will send you the part, call me when it comes. I said you didn't bring the part i told them 100% posativly what the problem was. And ive been out of a water heater for a day now. So he puts some electrical tape around the tube to seal the crack and says that should hold till the part comes. I say that isn't gonna happen and turned it off. Its been 3 days so far and the part came today and wont be installed till tomorrow. GE will have to pay about $230 dollars Te the repairman plus the part for there crappy service. I could put it in myself in less then 10 minutes but ill wait for the repairman. If there was a problem i would have to go through another week without a hot water heater.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 17, 2011.

Comments