I own 6 GE appliances, three of which have had REPEATED problems and have caused extensive water damage (the icemaker). The microwave oven unit I purchased in 2004 turned out to have a repeatedly defective glass door that kept shattering out of the blue.

I had it replaced. The third go-round GE said they didn't have any more doors and that they could refund me $129.00 for the door or sell me another unit for $1538.00 (a discount from $2000.00) Unfortunately, the new Advantium oven doesn't fit in the same custom made space as it is deeper. All other models exisiting also don't fit in the space. I asked GE to remove the unit in the meantime - they refused - it had shattered glass edges, so I paid $100 to have someone remove it and let them know.

Then I found a contractor and a kitchen person to reconfigure my kitchen, remove, change drawers,etc to fit in the new model. Then when I went to order the new model - GE said they couldn't sell it to me because I had disposed of the old unit - which they NEVER told me I needed to hang on to. Now they have refused a good customer any help except for $129. WOW.

I will NEVER buy a GE product again - too bad, because I try to buy American products, my son is in the US army. Shame on GE!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Oven.

Comments

GE_Appliances
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States #738596

I want to apologize for this inconvenience with our GE appliances. Please email your details to eResponse@ge.com and we will be glad to look into this for you.