1.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Dual fuel oven worked for 3 yrs and lower oven which is gas stopped heating. Was told GE didnt have anyone in our area.

Had ignitor replaced and it lasted another 9 months and went out again. Replaced and lasted 10 minutes and replaced two more times. All this time the repairman and I had tried to contact GE to find out if this was a common problem. Then repairman took a look at lower "deflector oven kit" and it had *** burnt through (im assuming it is for safety) which was burning out all of the ignitors and now has burned out my control for lower oven.

Picture below. GE knew about this plate problem because they have a new one but did not tell customers. Lucky no fire!!! GE finally contacted me and sent someone out to look at hole in plate and he also confirmed that GE knew about this problem with the shield.

Now GE is offering me to buy all the parts that burnt out because of their shield problem at their discount which is another 200.00 and I will have to pay to have another person out to the house to repair? not sure what this will cost but this oven is 4 YEARS OLD!!!!!

We have so much invested at this point I dont have a choice but you do!! DO NOT BUY

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor quality and reliability on new appliance, Short lived oven and ge knew a safety problem and didnt fix.

Comments

update after sharing this picture, GE did contact me saying they have a modification (not a recall) that will help the ignitor to not burn out. They sent me the part free of charge and it was the steel panel with a large hole cut out.

So glad I had a good handy man because this is what he was going to do with the burnt part. :) So parts were sent (after I have paid for many parts and not had a lower oven for 2 yrs so I thank GE for that! Still had to pay someone to come back and install as this was a modification (no fault) and not a recall.

I told them they should recall this part but.... we will see.