Update by user Aug 19, 2011

8/19/11 GE came out and found nothing wrong. They implied I had left the door ajar (but not far enough to set off the alarm)and that was causing the freezer to defrost. I additionally asked about the frost on the outside of the freezer door and why some foods froze in the refrigerator section ( green beans and radishes) but didn\'t get an answer. They also said I should periodically unplug the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before plugging it back in because frost-free really isn\'t.....

Basically, nothing was done and I will be using this freezer solely to hold ice packs from now on.

I would not recommend this refrigerator.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2011

I purchased a full set of Cafe appliances in December 2009. My complaint is with the refrigerator.

The freezer on this refrigerator has now fully defrosted twice since purchase. The freezer goes up to 40 degrees but then starts working again the next day. Additionally, I get frost on the front of the freezer door off and on.

The first service call was under warranty about six months into ownership; GE stated it couldn't find anything wrong and replaced the motherboard.

GE's latest response is that they will come out for 50% off parts and labor to figure out what's wrong. I find this unacceptable for a $2K refrigerator, especially since I've already had a service call where GE stated they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I wouldn't recommend this refrigerator.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 19, 2011.

Comments