I contact GE when the light went out and this is their response:

I'm a Consumer Advocate for GE and your e-mail has been forwarded to me for further assistance.

I apologize for the problem with your Advantium interior light. As Lisa indicated, it will in fact require

service to diagnose the problem and make any repairs.

We do value you as a consumer and want to do what we can to retain your loyalty to our brand. Therefore, I would like to offer to cover 50% of the parts and 50% of the labor. You would be responsible for the home call charge of $79.95 and the other 50% of the parts and labor.

If you choose to accept this offer, service calls are scheduled in 4 hour windows of 8-12 noon or 1-5pm. Please let me know of a few choices of days and timeframes for next week or later that would be convenient for you. I will see what is available and take it from there. I have assigned case# 11929969.

If I can answer any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Tara

Consumer Advocate

GE Appliances

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Comments

GE_Appliances

Hi again - This is Wendy from GE and I just realized that your case number is listed in the post above. We will be in touch. Thank you.

GE_Appliances

Hello MaryRuthA, This is Wendy from GE and I apologize that the bulb is not working in your Advantium oven. Please e-mail us at eresponse@ge.com with details, model & serial number and we will check into it for you.